Compulsory Covid-19 Vaccinations

59 replies

patrickk

Qantas

Member since 19 Apr 2012

Total posts 565

Originally Posted by rabbieb

Does anyone know what medical advice Qantas got to make vaccinations mandatory? None of the vaccines stop transmission - none have even been tested for effectiveness against transmission. Masks are probably more effective than vaccinations are against transmission. If you are not in a vulnerable group, your medical risk is trivial so vaccination is not required. Is it just a cynical marketing ploy to sell more tickets to gullible people who think it makes them safer somehow?

Rabbie the latest data suggests they do reduce transmission by reducing viral load, of people with the bug, and this has been published. They are all being tested to look at transmission but one would need a few weeks after the two jab protocol to get sensible data. Masks plus a jab seems to be the best option. Note as many have said masks stop the spread, so masks plus a jab makes perfect. And not sure the medical risk is as trivial as you suggest given the data coming out of the UK and other places.

patrickk

Qantas

Member since 19 Apr 2012

Total posts 565

Originally Posted by TheFreqFlyer

Thanks GoRobin for adding those figures to illustrate your point. It also helps to expand on mine. I also remember there being 50 million deaths from the Spanish flu at a time when modern allopathic medicine was far less advanced than it is now. So we are in an infinitely better position to deal with pandemics many times worse than the Spanish flu, but with Covid-19 we have a death rate that is just a fraction of the Spanish flu, 99% of those who test positive make a full recovery and the majority of these individuals already have pre-existing conditions. Before 2020, the elderly, sick and infirm, especially those suffering from serious co-morbidities died from a simple cold or flu. That's no different to 2020 and 2021.

There is really no justification for all these authoritarian measures. The sky isn't falling. We'll be back to the good old times in no time at all, provided governments don't try to advance their unwanted agendas. Let's hope common sense will prevail. In the meantime, be patient, because we're not going back to normal just yet. More than likely we'll have to ride this out for up to another year or so.

Req not sure 99% make a ‘full’ recovery the ongoing chronic conditions for quite a few is a serious issue. I haven’t checked the figures but I’m sure someone will but 10% is a figure I seem to recall. So your figure of full recovery may be closer to 90%.

TheFreqFlyer

Member since 05 Oct 2017

Total posts 21

Patrick, I'm looking at the mainstream data such as is available on Worldometers that is compiled by John Hopkins I believe. 99.6% of global "patients" are in mild condition. This simply isn't the Spanish flu, the plague or even Ebola, which seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth, because all we're hearing these days is "corona virus 19" and nothing else, as if there were only one virus capable of causing disease at any one time. Yet at the time (2015), Ebola was being touted as this virus with an incredibly high mortality rate but there were no quarantines or economy destroying lockdowns and border closures.

This is nothing new. In the past, a certain percentage of flu patients would also suffer ongoing conditions yet no one was hysterical about this or called for closed borders. Why not? Well, because at the time there was no agenda like there is now.

The curve is already starting to flatten - since around a month case numbers and deaths are falling. At this rate, new cases and deaths will be close to zero in around half a year from now.

So the only rational conclusion here is to simply say "false alarm" and let's get back to business the way it was before early 2020.

Although I'm reluctant to wait, I can hold out for another 6-9 months before travelling overseas, but would like to see normal travel resume by the end of the year, without any new travel requirements that didn't exist before March 2020. Such requirements are unjustified by science and are political in nature anyway. We all travelled in mass in 2000, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2015, 2019, some of these were "pandemic" years, the rest were normal. Nothing happened. There was no unusual morbidity or mortality by allowing travel to continue unabated during those years.

So there's no reason to introduce vaccine requirements or anything else now, unless you're trying to discourage travel, which is clearly what all this is about.

Last editedby TheFreqFlyer at Feb 07, 2021, 01:48 PM.

patrickk

Qantas

Member since 19 Apr 2012

Total posts 565

Freq your definition of mild comes into play here plus how you have extrapolated global data (which doesn’t exist for most countries) the US currently has 60,000 hospitalisations and around 120,000 daily infections. Now I’m not suggesting a 50% hospitalisations rate but some what more than the 0.4% you suggest even assuming all non hospitalised cases are ‘mild’ which from evidence of those that have had the bug isn’t the case. I agree waiting 6-9 months is a good idea as most will be vaccinated and the latest evidence from israel is that the vaccine works and reducing the severity of the disease. Your ant-vax suggestion seems oddly out of place.

TheFreqFlyer

Member since 05 Oct 2017

Total posts 21

Patrick, I can tell you are very much a pro-vaxxer dying to go out and get your shot as soon as it's available, but cherry picking statistics from one country does little to convince anyone that this "pandemic", which even people like the World Economic Forum's Klaus Schwab are referring to as "one of the mildest pandemics in history" is as bad as you make it out to be. It doesn't justify the use of a vaccine. So far the vaccine has caused far more collateral damage than what the virus has for most people who have returned a Covid-positive reading, many of whom have no symptoms. Let's be clear about that. I'm talking about most people, not some 90 year old with kidney disease who was close to death anyway, but after contracting the flu/covid seals his fate. There are always going to be exceptions here and there.

Let's dispense with the hysterics. We can argue all day about vaccines being a good idea or not to protect against certain diseases, but any rational person, even most pro-vaxxers, will surely do a risk/benefit analysis to see which ones are needed and which ones aren't.

Unless you're going to sub-Saharan Africa, are you going to get the yellow fever shot? No. Why would you? What about the cholera shot? Completely unnecessary for most types of travel. Only recommended if travelling to countries with very poor hygiene like India, Bangladesh etc. but even there it's rarely warranted for most travellers who are unlikely to find themselves spending time in the slums. The Covid shot isn't even recommended to under 18s, pregnant and breastfeeding women and a plethora of individuals depending on their individual health status. Ditto for malaria medication. Does the risk outweigh the benefit or vice versa? This question must be asked of every vaccine, drug and medical procedure.

There is no one size fits all. Let's keep things sensible and rational Patrick.

patrickk

Qantas

Member since 19 Apr 2012

Total posts 565

Originally Posted by TheFreqFlyer

Patrick, I can tell you are very much a pro-vaxxer dying to go out and get your shot as soon as it's available, but cherry picking statistics from one country does little to convince anyone that this "pandemic", which even people like the World Economic Forum's Klaus Schwab are referring to as "one of the mildest pandemics in history" is as bad as you make it out to be. It doesn't justify the use of a vaccine. So far the vaccine has caused far more collateral damage than what the virus has for most people who have returned a Covid-positive reading, many of whom have no symptoms. Let's be clear about that. I'm talking about most people, not some 90 year old with kidney disease who was close to death anyway, but after contracting the flu/covid seals his fate. There are always going to be exceptions here and there.

Let's dispense with the hysterics. We can argue all day about vaccines being a good idea or not to protect against certain diseases, but any rational person, even most pro-vaxxers, will surely do a risk/benefit analysis to see which ones are needed and which ones aren't.

Unless you're going to sub-Saharan Africa, are you going to get the yellow fever shot? No. Why would you? What about the cholera shot? Completely unnecessary for most types of travel. Only recommended if travelling to countries with very poor hygiene like India, Bangladesh etc. but even there it's rarely warranted for most travellers who are unlikely to find themselves spending time in the slums. The Covid shot isn't even recommended to under 18s, pregnant and breastfeeding women and a plethora of individuals depending on their individual health status. Ditto for malaria medication. Does the risk outweigh the benefit or vice versa? This question must be asked of every vaccine, drug and medical procedure.

There is no one size fits all. Let's keep things sensible and rational Patrick.

Freq given the previous true pandemic was the Spanish flu in 1919-1922 and all the ones before it had negligible health care, the fact that this one with superior public health and treatment is the mildest is to be expected and a testament to our health care that has improved over 100 years. The latest data from Israel which has the highest vaccination rate suggests that it reduces symptoms and keeps people out of hospitals, which for many of us is a good thing. Yes tge non cherry picked data suggests that around 20% of cases end up in hospital for some period of time. I take an annual flu shot to keep me out of bed for a week or two. I will certainly take this one as the chronic effects can be quite debilitating for some time, much more than the couple of weeks the flu can lay us up. Yes that is my cost benefit analysis. The vaccine risk is low and the health benefits are high.

tripleplatinum2 Banned

Member since 27 Dec 2020

Total posts 22

Originally Posted by TheFreqFlyer

Patrick, I can tell you are very much a pro-vaxxer dying to go out and get your shot as soon as it's available, but cherry picking statistics from one country does little to convince anyone that this "pandemic", which even people like the World Economic Forum's Klaus Schwab are referring to as "one of the mildest pandemics in history" is as bad as you make it out to be. It doesn't justify the use of a vaccine. So far the vaccine has caused far more collateral damage than what the virus has for most people who have returned a Covid-positive reading, many of whom have no symptoms. Let's be clear about that. I'm talking about most people, not some 90 year old with kidney disease who was close to death anyway, but after contracting the flu/covid seals his fate. There are always going to be exceptions here and there.

Let's dispense with the hysterics. We can argue all day about vaccines being a good idea or not to protect against certain diseases, but any rational person, even most pro-vaxxers, will surely do a risk/benefit analysis to see which ones are needed and which ones aren't.

Unless you're going to sub-Saharan Africa, are you going to get the yellow fever shot? No. Why would you? What about the cholera shot? Completely unnecessary for most types of travel. Only recommended if travelling to countries with very poor hygiene like India, Bangladesh etc. but even there it's rarely warranted for most travellers who are unlikely to find themselves spending time in the slums. The Covid shot isn't even recommended to under 18s, pregnant and breastfeeding women and a plethora of individuals depending on their individual health status. Ditto for malaria medication. Does the risk outweigh the benefit or vice versa? This question must be asked of every vaccine, drug and medical procedure.

There is no one size fits all. Let's keep things sensible and rational Patrick.

The only one cherry picking statistics is you, seriously you are just embarrassing yourself at this point. I'll listen to the medical experts before an 'internet expert', which trust me you most certainly aren't!

TheFreqFlyer

Member since 05 Oct 2017

Total posts 21

Tripleplatinum. You mean propagandists for the pharmaceutical industry hyping up fear in order to sell their products? Go right ahead. It's YOU that's embarrassing yourself with your deranged extreme pro-vaxx propaganda. I'm not afraid of the 2-6 daily cases in a country of 25.6 million. The fact you are, suggests you have zero critical thinking skills or ability to make your own decisions. Remember there are vested interests developing these products and the fact you can't even accept a rational opinion without resorting to anger and ad hominem attacks suggests something seriously wrong with you. Besides, how do you I'm not a doctor? I happen to know many doctors, medical professionals and scientists who do not agree with this campaign of fear mongering and don't believe this vaccine is necessary.

In the mainstream press, we have news articles in today such as "South Africa suspends use of AZ vaccine" (see Channel Nine news website) due to lack of effectiveness against new variants. The Thai government quoted in the Bangkok Post said it doesn't want to make use of the "vaccine passport" due to concerns about vaccine effectiveness. It doesn't look like any of this is going well for those that seek to force us to use their products to travel.

I see quarantines continuing for some time to come, but at some point they'll simply vanish and we'll go back to the pre-March 2020 travel status quo. Just need a passport, plane ticket and visa depending on your destination. The way it should be. In the meantime, it's likely Australians will be allowed to travel across the ditch to NZ quarantine free, possibly with just a Covid negative test, in a couple of months from now.

patrickk

Qantas

Member since 19 Apr 2012

Total posts 565

Originally Posted by TheFreqFlyer

Tripleplatinum. You mean propagandists for the pharmaceutical industry hyping up fear in order to sell their products? Go right ahead. It's YOU that's embarrassing yourself with your deranged extreme pro-vaxx propaganda. I'm not afraid of the 2-6 daily cases in a country of 25.6 million. The fact you are, suggests you have zero critical thinking skills or ability to make your own decisions. Remember there are vested interests developing these products and the fact you can't even accept a rational opinion without resorting to anger and ad hominem attacks suggests something seriously wrong with you. Besides, how do you I'm not a doctor? I happen to know many doctors, medical professionals and scientists who do not agree with this campaign of fear mongering and don't believe this vaccine is necessary.

In the mainstream press, we have news articles in today such as "South Africa suspends use of AZ vaccine" (see Channel Nine news website) due to lack of effectiveness against new variants. The Thai government quoted in the Bangkok Post said it doesn't want to make use of the "vaccine passport" due to concerns about vaccine effectiveness. It doesn't look like any of this is going well for those that seek to force us to use their products to travel.

I see quarantines continuing for some time to come, but at some point they'll simply vanish and we'll go back to the pre-March 2020 travel status quo. Just need a passport, plane ticket and visa depending on your destination. The way it should be. In the meantime, it's likely Australians will be allowed to travel across the ditch to NZ quarantine free, possibly with just a Covid negative test, in a couple of months from now.

Freq can we have some courtesy please. Nobody promoting vaccines are ‘deranged’. Otherwise we all are are in that boat. The reason Australia has only 5-6 cases a day is due to tight regulations and quarantine. The outbreaks to 100s per day were from single quarantine breaches. The fact that governments suspend a vaccine for more information is quite normal. The data from Israel suggests that vaccines do work in reducing the severity of the disease so that is why I will have it and have a paper saying so, so if I catch the bug somewhere else I won’t tie up their health system and more to the point my insurers. I think your prediction of vaccine free travel will go with Frequent Flyers from last year on various elections and when international flights will start. Again courtesy for the range of opinions. Note there are libel laws.

TheFreqFlyer

Member since 05 Oct 2017

Total posts 21

Patrick, I've been very courteous throughout all of the comments I've made here. Maybe you meant tripleplatinum, who decided to make a cheap shot because he didn't like what I wrote.

Actually, you will find most vaccine promoters are extremists and deranged (otherwise, they wouldn't resort to insults and personal attacks). It seems like all they know is how to force the rest of us into accepting their viewpoints with no contrary opinions allowed. It's fine if you believe vaccines work, but please don't force upon the rest of us what amounts to a belief system, which is almost religious in nature. Besides, a successful corona virus vaccine has never been developed and with all the mutations and all, it will be rendered useless after a few months necessitating a new shot. And don't force people into this whole "pro vs anti" polarized way of thinking. People can be OK with a tetanus shot but NOT OK with a rushed coronavirus vaccine.

I think you'll find it will be much harder to implement mandatory vaccine laws for travel than you think. You're cherry picking again from one country [Israel], but the various articles I've read in the news recently suggests that a vaccine passport is not going to be easy to implement and it will face a huge backlash. Period. IATA (despite developing one) is against the idea, preferring testing to vaccination in order to re-open borders. I'm simply quoting from mainstream news here, so why are you disagreeing with what they've said? Take it up with Nine News or news dot com dot au, the Bangkok Post, Bloomberg or any of the other sources I've cited. Even the head of Qantas, Alan Joyce, has backtracked a little from his comments about requiring a vaccine to travel with his airline, suggesting New Zealand and other "green lane" routes would be exempt and so would domestic travel.

It's almost as if the "conspiracy theorists" were right. I heard people making predictions way back in 2016-17 that the decade starting in 2020 would be when vaccines are pushed on adults big time, starting with travel. I also recall reading in 2018 about a European vaccine passport being developed, but it was unclear at the time about whether that was simply an electronic vaccine record that could be shared between EU governments or the idea was for travel. The implementation date was said to be 2023.

I'm not nearly as optimistic as regular flyer is on predictions about travel and I also find some of his various statements to be rather bizarre, like his disagreements with timelines on when masks became mandatory for air travel in other parts of the world, which a simple Google search would reveal as being around mid-2020 and not now as he suggests.

I'm simply saying that people like you are starting to sound like "conspiracy theorists" for suggesting life won't go back to normal because of this exaggerated "pandemic".


Last edited by TheFreqFlyer at Feb 09, 12.11 AM.
Last editedby TheFreqFlyer at Feb 09, 2021, 12:12 AM.

patrickk

Qantas

Member since 19 Apr 2012

Total posts 565

Originally Posted by TheFreqFlyer

Patrick, I've been very courteous throughout all of the comments I've made here. Maybe you meant tripleplatinum, who decided to make a cheap shot because he didn't like what I wrote.

Actually, you will find most vaccine promoters are extremists and deranged (otherwise, they wouldn't resort to insults and personal attacks). It seems like all they know is how to force the rest of us into accepting their viewpoints with no contrary opinions allowed. It's fine if you believe vaccines work, but please don't force upon the rest of us what amounts to a belief system, which is almost religious in nature. Besides, a successful corona virus vaccine has never been developed and with all the mutations and all, it will be rendered useless after a few months necessitating a new shot. And don't force people into this whole "pro vs anti" polarized way of thinking. People can be OK with a tetanus shot but NOT OK with a rushed coronavirus vaccine.

I think you'll find it will be much harder to implement mandatory vaccine laws for travel than you think. You're cherry picking again from one country [Israel], but the various articles I've read in the news recently suggests that a vaccine passport is not going to be easy to implement and it will face a huge backlash. Period. IATA (despite developing one) is against the idea, preferring testing to vaccination in order to re-open borders. I'm simply quoting from mainstream news here, so why are you disagreeing with what they've said? Take it up with Nine News or news dot com dot au, the Bangkok Post, Bloomberg or any of the other sources I've cited. Even the head of Qantas, Alan Joyce, has backtracked a little from his comments about requiring a vaccine to travel with his airline, suggesting New Zealand and other "green lane" routes would be exempt and so would domestic travel.

It's almost as if the "conspiracy theorists" were right. I heard people making predictions way back in 2016-17 that the decade starting in 2020 would be when vaccines are pushed on adults big time, starting with travel. I also recall reading in 2018 about a European vaccine passport being developed, but it was unclear at the time about whether that was simply an electronic vaccine record that could be shared between EU governments or the idea was for travel. The implementation date was said to be 2023.

I'm not nearly as optimistic as regular flyer is on predictions about travel and I also find some of his various statements to be rather bizarre, like his disagreements with timelines on when masks became mandatory for air travel in other parts of the world, which a simple Google search would reveal as being around mid-2020 and not now as he suggests.

I'm simply saying that people like you are starting to sound like "conspiracy theorists" for suggesting life won't go back to normal because of this exaggerated "pandemic".


Last edited by TheFreqFlyer at Feb 09, 12.11 AM.
Last editedby TheFreqFlyer at Feb 09, 2021, 12:12 AM.
Freq not sure using data from the only country with data available on widespread vaccination is cherry picking. There is a very good article in today’s SMH by Blakely and Oukrim explaining all of this. If I’m on a ‘conspiracy theory’, it is widely (almost universally) shared and that is the public health responses we have in countries like NZ, Australia and Taiwan are good and effective. I reckon life will go back to normal in a couple of years but with an annual COVID shot much like our annual flu shot, and COVID will join the other common cold corona viruses.

tripleplatinum2 Banned

Member since 27 Dec 2020

Total posts 22

Originally Posted by TheFreqFlyer

Tripleplatinum. You mean propagandists for the pharmaceutical industry hyping up fear in order to sell their products? Go right ahead. It's YOU that's embarrassing yourself with your deranged extreme pro-vaxx propaganda. I'm not afraid of the 2-6 daily cases in a country of 25.6 million. The fact you are, suggests you have zero critical thinking skills or ability to make your own decisions. Remember there are vested interests developing these products and the fact you can't even accept a rational opinion without resorting to anger and ad hominem attacks suggests something seriously wrong with you. Besides, how do you I'm not a doctor? I happen to know many doctors, medical professionals and scientists who do not agree with this campaign of fear mongering and don't believe this vaccine is necessary.

In the mainstream press, we have news articles in today such as "South Africa suspends use of AZ vaccine" (see Channel Nine news website) due to lack of effectiveness against new variants. The Thai government quoted in the Bangkok Post said it doesn't want to make use of the "vaccine passport" due to concerns about vaccine effectiveness. It doesn't look like any of this is going well for those that seek to force us to use their products to travel.

I see quarantines continuing for some time to come, but at some point they'll simply vanish and we'll go back to the pre-March 2020 travel status quo. Just need a passport, plane ticket and visa depending on your destination. The way it should be. In the meantime, it's likely Australians will be allowed to travel across the ditch to NZ quarantine free, possibly with just a Covid negative test, in a couple of months from now.

How do I know you aren't a doctor? Simple, doctors base decisions on data and evidence, not made up statistics like your 99%. I on the other hand have 19 years in Pharma R&D, and 7 in vaccine development. Professing to 'know many doctors' who believe what you do means nothing. People as gullible as yourself who believe all the anti vax lies online are probably silly enough to also believe in things like Qanon. It's selfish people like you that are responsible for the re-emergence of diseases we had eradicated decades ago. Have fun travelling overseas in the future without a vaccine, there are a few airlines already that wont let you near them!

TheFreqFlyer

Member since 05 Oct 2017

Total posts 21

Oh gosh tripleplatinum, again showing your ignorance. Qanon is controlled opposition and I've never listened to whoever that is. You really are a sad individual, unable to distinguish between fact and fiction, nor able to realize there are MANY doctors, scientists, medical professionals who are urging restraint and do not believe this vaccine is necessary.

You are spreading the usual propaganda via strawman arguments, ratcheting up the hysteria.

You really think airlines/countries will adopt a mandatory vaccination program that easily? Geez you are gullible. Of course to an extremist like you, that would make you very happy, since you have just outed yourself as someone with a conflict of interest. In reality, I don't see it happening. Already the house of cards is precariously close to falling.

Last editedby TheFreqFlyer at Feb 09, 2021, 03:18 PM.

TheFreqFlyer

Member since 05 Oct 2017

Total posts 21

Originally Posted by patrickk

Originally Posted by TheFreqFlyer

Patrick, I've been very courteous throughout all of the comments I've made here. Maybe you meant tripleplatinum, who decided to make a cheap shot because he didn't like what I wrote.

Actually, you will find most vaccine promoters are extremists and deranged (otherwise, they wouldn't resort to insults and personal attacks). It seems like all they know is how to force the rest of us into accepting their viewpoints with no contrary opinions allowed. It's fine if you believe vaccines work, but please don't force upon the rest of us what amounts to a belief system, which is almost religious in nature. Besides, a successful corona virus vaccine has never been developed and with all the mutations and all, it will be rendered useless after a few months necessitating a new shot. And don't force people into this whole "pro vs anti" polarized way of thinking. People can be OK with a tetanus shot but NOT OK with a rushed coronavirus vaccine.

I think you'll find it will be much harder to implement mandatory vaccine laws for travel than you think. You're cherry picking again from one country [Israel], but the various articles I've read in the news recently suggests that a vaccine passport is not going to be easy to implement and it will face a huge backlash. Period. IATA (despite developing one) is against the idea, preferring testing to vaccination in order to re-open borders. I'm simply quoting from mainstream news here, so why are you disagreeing with what they've said? Take it up with Nine News or news dot com dot au, the Bangkok Post, Bloomberg or any of the other sources I've cited. Even the head of Qantas, Alan Joyce, has backtracked a little from his comments about requiring a vaccine to travel with his airline, suggesting New Zealand and other "green lane" routes would be exempt and so would domestic travel.

It's almost as if the "conspiracy theorists" were right. I heard people making predictions way back in 2016-17 that the decade starting in 2020 would be when vaccines are pushed on adults big time, starting with travel. I also recall reading in 2018 about a European vaccine passport being developed, but it was unclear at the time about whether that was simply an electronic vaccine record that could be shared between EU governments or the idea was for travel. The implementation date was said to be 2023.

I'm not nearly as optimistic as regular flyer is on predictions about travel and I also find some of his various statements to be rather bizarre, like his disagreements with timelines on when masks became mandatory for air travel in other parts of the world, which a simple Google search would reveal as being around mid-2020 and not now as he suggests.

I'm simply saying that people like you are starting to sound like "conspiracy theorists" for suggesting life won't go back to normal because of this exaggerated "pandemic".


Last edited by TheFreqFlyer at Feb 09, 12.11 AM.
Last editedby TheFreqFlyer at Feb 09, 2021, 12:12 AM.
Freq not sure using data from the only country with data available on widespread vaccination is cherry picking. There is a very good article in today’s SMH by Blakely and Oukrim explaining all of this. If I’m on a ‘conspiracy theory’, it is widely (almost universally) shared and that is the public health responses we have in countries like NZ, Australia and Taiwan are good and effective. I reckon life will go back to normal in a couple of years but with an annual COVID shot much like our annual flu shot, and COVID will join the other common cold corona viruses.

Patrick, sure, I think there is a good possibility this Covid shot could become an annual event like the flu shot, but I don't see it becoming more than that. Governments have already said it will be voluntary, and I think the uptake will be quite large without needing to use undue coercion.

Even if we disagree on some things, you are at least a rational person. Unlike the other guy, who simply shouts insults because I don't believe in his almost religious way of looking at things.


TheFreqFlyer

Member since 05 Oct 2017

Total posts 21

Originally Posted by tripleplatinum2

Originally Posted by TheFreqFlyer

Tripleplatinum. You mean propagandists for the pharmaceutical industry hyping up fear in order to sell their products? Go right ahead. It's YOU that's embarrassing yourself with your deranged extreme pro-vaxx propaganda. I'm not afraid of the 2-6 daily cases in a country of 25.6 million. The fact you are, suggests you have zero critical thinking skills or ability to make your own decisions. Remember there are vested interests developing these products and the fact you can't even accept a rational opinion without resorting to anger and ad hominem attacks suggests something seriously wrong with you. Besides, how do you I'm not a doctor? I happen to know many doctors, medical professionals and scientists who do not agree with this campaign of fear mongering and don't believe this vaccine is necessary.

In the mainstream press, we have news articles in today such as "South Africa suspends use of AZ vaccine" (see Channel Nine news website) due to lack of effectiveness against new variants. The Thai government quoted in the Bangkok Post said it doesn't want to make use of the "vaccine passport" due to concerns about vaccine effectiveness. It doesn't look like any of this is going well for those that seek to force us to use their products to travel.

I see quarantines continuing for some time to come, but at some point they'll simply vanish and we'll go back to the pre-March 2020 travel status quo. Just need a passport, plane ticket and visa depending on your destination. The way it should be. In the meantime, it's likely Australians will be allowed to travel across the ditch to NZ quarantine free, possibly with just a Covid negative test, in a couple of months from now.

How do I know you aren't a doctor? Simple, doctors base decisions on data and evidence, not made up statistics like your 99%. I on the other hand have 19 years in Pharma R&D, and 7 in vaccine development. Professing to 'know many doctors' who believe what you do means nothing. People as gullible as yourself who believe all the anti vax lies online are probably silly enough to also believe in things like Qanon. It's selfish people like you that are responsible for the re-emergence of diseases we had eradicated decades ago. Have fun travelling overseas in the future without a vaccine, there are a few airlines already that wont let you near them!
Are you Dr. John Cunningham? Or Dr Paul Offit? Or perhaps Dorit Rubenstein Reiss? You certainly sound like these people the way you become angry when challenged.

Hi Guest, join in the discussion on Compulsory Covid-19 Vaccinations

Attach Files