Virgin Australia - Velocity Rewards
Member since 22 May 2013
Total posts 24
Will be flying into LAX on Air NZ Business Class in June, connecting to Alaska Airlines First Class.
Given the Alaska lounge doesn't have showers,any suggestions please of where I could get a shower in transit?
Member since 05 Sep 2013
Total posts 76
There are no showers at the following lounges at LAX: Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, Alaska Lounge, American Airlines Admirals Club (reginal terminal), Delta Lounge (Terminal 3), Los Angeles International Lounge (TBIT), United Club Lounge, Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse.
There are a few options:
1) The following lounges have showers: American Airlines Admirals Club in Terminal 4/5 (Day pass available, Qantas Club members and more); Delta Airlines Sky Club Lounge in Terminal 2 (day pass available or AMEX); Emirates Lounge @ TBIT (around USD$130 plus tax, limited hours); Etihad Airways Lounge (around USD$100 plus tax, limited hours); Korean/KAL Lounge @ TBIT (Priority pass *restricted at busy times); Oneworld/Qantas Lounge @ TBIT (around $100 plus tax); United Polaris Lounge in Terminal 7(Business class travellers only on long hall travel)
2) Go to a nearby public beach, most have a free outdoor shower plus can have a swim in the ocean get some fresh air and exercise. Some options include: El Porto Beach (15 Min away), Playa del Rey Beach (18 Min away), Venice Beach (20 Min away), and Manhattan Beach (20 Min away). Take a Lyft, Uber or Taxi there (remember to tip the driver including in Lyft/Uber and bring a towel).
3) Look online for a gym or pool near LAX and get a 24 hour pass. Bonus you can enjoy the gym before your shower (most likely around US$10 to US$20 for a 24 hour pass). Some even offer the first visit for free online. Some include: YMCA Fitness, 24 Hour Fitness, Anytime Fitness, LA Fitness, Orange fitness plus various independent gyms near LAX including various CrossFit, boxing, muay thai gyms etc. If you go to a Gym in Australia that has a location outside your home city most will let you use the gym there for free. Take a Lyft, Uber or Taxi there (remember to tip the driver including in Lyft/Uber and bring a towel).
4) Book a hotel room near LAX (probably around US$100 for basic room), most will have free transport to and from hotel but you may need to call them on arrival.
5) Final option: Private Suite at LAX offer showers, private lounge, VIP transfers and a luxury experience at the airport (cost around a thousand dollars)
Also on an unrelated note at LAX there is an In-n-Out (Very American burger chain) within walking distance from the airport if you want one last taste of America before you leave.
Hi Guest, join in the discussion on
Already have an ET account? Log in below.
Signing up with Executive Traveller only takes a second and lets you
interact with our community. It's completely free and we'll never pass your information on to
Didn’t receive an activation email? Resend one to yourself here.
If you’ve forgotten your password, simply enter your email address
below, then click 'Submit'. We’ll send you an email to re-activate your account and enter a new password.
If you have not received the activation email, simply enter your email address below, then click 'Submit'. We’ll send you an email containing the activation link.
Subscribe to our free newsletter and get the latest news, reviews, tips and more sent straight to your inbox