The 5 best perks of American Express Platinum
The American Express Platinum Card is about more than just points: it unlocks a raft of benefits to suit every traveller.
If you’re an American Express® Platinum Card Member or thinking of becoming one, you may not know the full range of benefits that the Card provides.
Read our guide to discover how you can get the most value out of your American Express Platinum Card and explore all that it offers.
This article is sponsored by American Express
Travel benefits for every step of the journey
Your American Express Platinum Card doesn’t just earn you points for spending on travel1 it also gives you a range of travel benefits specifically designed for frequent flyers and those who like a premium travel experience at every step of the journey.
With the Fine Hotels & Resorts program2, you can enjoy special treatment at over 1,100 properties worldwide, including benefits like complimentary daily breakfast for two people, room upgrades and early check-in when available, guaranteed 4PM late check-out, and special amenities.
Your Platinum Card also gives you access to Hotel Elite Status3 – you’ll be fast-tracked to the higher tiers of leading hotel loyalty programs around the world, without having to go through the usual eligibility requirements. Hotel partners include Radisson Hotel Group, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Shangri-La and Hilton.
At the airport, your American Express Platinum Card grants you lounge access to over 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries through the American Express Global Lounge Collection SM 4, including Priority Pass lounges and American Express Lounges.
AMEX’s Platinum International Airline Program offers great savings on First and Business Class fares5 with some of the world's leading airlines such as Qantas Airways, Virgin Australia, Emirates, and more. Depending on the airline and destination, you can save up to 20% compared to standard fares. Don’t forget that there’s also a $450 travel credit6 to use towards flights, hotels, car hire and experiences, as well as complimentary travel insurance7 and you can see why the American Express Platinum Card is a great choice for frequent travellers.
From every step of the journey, from booking your trip, arriving at the lounge, flying to your destination, and staying at your hotel or needing assistance during your journey, your American Express Platinum Card provides a wealth of benefits that make it the only Card you’ll need as a frequent flyer.
Concerts and Events
The American Express Experiences program provides Platinum Card Members with access to specially curated experiences that are not open to the general public – from sporting to fashion and dining.
Offers available to Platinum Card Members include special tickets to the American Express Open Air Cinemas in major capital cities across Australia, where you’ll save 15% on selected tickets, receive complimentary blanket hire, and have access to the exclusive American Express Member Garden with free popcorn and a dedicated bar.
Fancy a concert instead? Being a Card Member gives you access to pre-sale tickets to globally renowned artists, from Fleetwood Mac to Metallica, and special Card Member-only benefits at the venue including access to American Express lounges at major stadiums in Australia.
There are also savings for art exhibitions and cultural displays, as well as sporting events like Wimbledon and the U.S. Open, and a range of other events throughout the year.
The Platinum Concierge
American Express Platinum Card Members can chat to Platinum Concierge for help with any sort of request you can think of – and if you’re not taking advantage of this, you’re missing out.
For those that are especially time poor, your Platinum Concierge can help organise tours, day trips, hotel accommodation, flights, restaurant and event bookings8.
Having trouble getting a booking at a restaurant? Or need a last-minute flight organised? Platinum Card Members can chat with a Concierge and they’ll assist you by communicating directly with the restaurant or airline on your behalf.
Your American Express Platinum Card already gives you complimentary membership to a number of hotel loyalty programs, but it also provides a digital subscription for the Australian Financial Review9, so you can keep up to date wherever you are in the world.
When purchasing products using your Platinum Card, you’ll have three additional benefits that improve your shopping experience:
- Buyer's Advantage extends the manufacturer's warranty by up to 12 months on eligible items purchased with your Card7.
- Purchase Protection will cover you should your new items be stolen or damaged7.
- Refund Protection provides cover should a store refuse to accept the return of a recent, unused purchase7.
With these benefits, you can shop with confidence when using your American Express Platinum Card, knowing that you’re covered with a range of benefits should anything go awry.
Apply for an American Express Platinum Card today
For those that travel frequently or like to enjoy premium experiences, the American Express Platinum Card is your shortcut to an exclusive range of benefits and services that make experiences more special. Learn more about the American Express Platinum Card today.
This article is sponsored by American Express
1. Membership Rewards. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at americanexpress.com/australia/membershiprewardsplatinum.
2. Fine Hotels and Resorts. Valid only for new Fine Hotels & Resorts bookings made through Platinum Travel Service or American Express Travel Online. Payment must be made in full with an American Express Card in the Platinum Card Member’s name. Card Member must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Noon check-in and room upgrades are based on availability and are provided at check-in. Three-room limit per Platinum Card Member, per stay. Breakfast amenity varies by property, but will be, at a minimum, a continental breakfast. Benefit restrictions vary by Fine Hotels & Resorts property and cannot be redeemed for cash, and may not be combined with other offers unless indicated. Advance reservations are recommended for services such as spa, dining or golf in order to take advantage of the Fine Hotels & Resorts special amenity during your stay. Benefits and additional Fine Hotels & Resorts promotions are only applied at checkout and expire at checkout. Limit one benefit package per room, per stay. Participating Fine Hotels & Resorts properties and benefits are subject to change. For full terms and conditions, visit americanexpress.com.au/fhr.
4. American Express Global Lounge CollectionSM. Terms and conditions apply. Visit global.americanexpress.com/lounge-access/the-platinum-card for further information.
5. International Airline Program. Current Partners: British Airways, Delta Air Lines, Etihad Airways, Emirates, Hawaiian Airlines, Japan Airlines, LAN Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas Airways, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, United Airlines and Virgin Australia. Terms: The featured savings included are calculated based on full-priced retail year-round airfares from Australia to select destinations with Virgin Australia in Business (J) Class. Savings are calculated on the base fare and excludes airline taxes. Prices are subject to availability and subject to change. All airfares must be purchased through the Platinum Travel Service and paid for on the Platinum Card. Airfares at sale prices may be released in the market at any time and reduce the featured savings. Fare rules are dependent on the airline’s Terms and Conditions and can vary. Airline Partners and offers vary and are subject to change. Contact Platinum Travel Service for full details on the Airline Privileges Program.
6. Platinum Travel Credit. Fine Hotels & Resorts and Hotel Collection bookings are excluded. Benefit available for the Primary Card Member only to redeem in a single booking. For bookings less than the total travel credit value, any unused portion of the Travel Credit will be forfeited. The Travel Credit cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. No refunds, including cancelled bookings. For full Travel Credit Terms and Conditions visit americanexpress.com/australia/platinumtravelcreditterms.
7. Insurance. The American Express Platinum Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) – see the full terms and conditions available at americanexpress.com.au/platinuminsurance. You must use your American Express Platinum Card to pay for your return trip in order to be eligible for the travel insurance or pay for eligible items in order to be covered under the insurance. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This communication does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
8. Platinum Travel Service. All fees or amounts payable in relation to the services are inclusive of GST where applicable. All fees, taxes and charges levied by the travel providers and/or air travel suppliers still apply and these are subject to change without notice until such time as tickets are issued. Domestic ticketing includes New Zealand. Travel services provided by American Express International, Inc. ABN 15 000 618 208. Incorporated with Limited Liability in Delaware, USA.
9. The Australian Financial Review. The subscription cannot be replaced with an alternative Fairfax product. The subscription cannot be exchanged for cash or credit. The subscription is subject to Fairfax terms and conditions located at afr.com/digital-subscription-terms.
American Express Australia Limited ABN 92 108 952 085. ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company.