Member since 12 Apr 2013
Total posts 870
Paul, I appreciate your comment, but again you join AUSBT just for leaving this comment. And besides history repeat itself - I do not give a damn what is your agent name. All this looks to me like shameless PR from AFG. I will not even think to change my opinion unless someone with sound history on this site will post positive comment. Heck! All people traveling here and no-one use AFG! Is it strange? For me it is indeed VERY suspicious.
Qantas - Qantas Frequent Flyer
Member since 06 Sep 2013
Total posts 2
Serg, I find it amazing that you think simply because someone shares their experience they are not legit. I sincerely hope your rudeness costs you dearly when you miss out on a good deal. By the way I have travelled on business for over 35 years and owned my own company for 30, I have met plenty of your type and usually heard about their failures. Good luck mate and try to control your arrogance v
Paul, once again I appreciate your comments, but ALL who left positive comments here about AFG (mind you there is NONE FLFL!!!) register here to specifically left positive comments about AFG and some never post since. I fail to see any rudeness in my comments. Arrogance? May be. But some may call it caution.
Member since 01 Oct 2013
Total posts 1
For what its worth as im sure i will be accused of not being legit, as this is my first post, i flew in january with my wife on an AFG flight to japan return on a singapore airlines flight. my flight was 50% cheaper and i didnt have a problem at all. in fact im currently booking another trip at the moment. i myself thought this was to good to be true. however it was, i wont pay full fares again. after trawlling info on alpha i have come to the conclusion people such as serg are indeed agents themselves that simply cannot match the likes of AFG they trawl threads and try to drum up buisiness to fill there own pockets. AFG is worth a crack. also if it is nonsense im yet to find a thread anywhere where someone has had a poor experence......no place for tall poppy syndrome in here isnt this designed to share info and help others??
Agent of whom? BA? I wish - then perhaps I could buy BA business for half price and therefore would not bother to search AFG at first place. And in fact I did found few negative responces about AFG elsewhere. And yes, first post is not legit.
Member since 04 Oct 2013
Total posts 4
This is my first post and it is not a good review.
I came online and found this post as I am about to initiate legal proceedings against Alpha Flight Guru and am gathering information.
* Purchased 3000 euro ticket last month (one way Paris to Syd for my baby and I)
* Denied check in at Charles de Gaulle because "United have not issued your tickets". Screaming 3 month old and unhappy husband whose Amex I used.
* Called the consultant David Garbarskiy about 40 times from the airport to rectify the situation - it was 2am in America but I was assured I could contact him 24/7.
* Ended up buying direct through another airline
* Advised by David in writing I will be refunded - but it will be United Airlines who will be refunding me and the process will day "a few days" which turned into "a week" which turned into " a few weeks". It is now past a few weeks. Also advised if United Airlines do not refund me that Alpha Flight Guru will. To date the money has not been refunded.
I am not making any defamatory comments - everything I have posted is fact which I can verify via emails and the 40 missed calls which was an added expense to try and sort out this nightmare.
Finally first positive post (sorry for sarcasm).
I mean that I DO believe that AFG MAY deliver great experience and I even can accept that some posters above indeed had a good one. But - and this is THE but - if someone step into sh!t with AFG he became completely screwed and left on his own, situation that will never happens with any reputable carrier. And no-one will refund astronomical price for “discounted airport ticket”. So some may be happy to play Russian roulette – I am OK with that.
Oh and I am not from a rival travel agency. You can look up my name (Donna Heryawan) after February 2014 (as I am not yet admitted) on the NSW law society website and have verification of what my profession is.
Member since 28 Nov 2013
We used Alpha Flight Guru recently for a trip to Europe. We saved around $2,000 on our tickets which we were thrileld about....naturally a little skeptical but it all went smoothly....great service throughout and we will definitely not hesitate to use them again.
Member since 04 Dec 2013
I had a similar experience to Donna. My sympathies! We used alphaflightguru in August/September. All was perfect en route to Milan, but at check in for our return we found our reservation had been cancelled - by whom, we asked? By American Airlines! We couldn't call San Bruno California, and anyway it was 2am their time.....On return, we reported the disaster - "why didn't you call?" we were asked. "I'll ask my boss if we can refund"... then after a promise to refund, "oh, we are suing American Airlines", "we are waiting for them to refund", "I am checking with accounting" etc etc... it went on for weeks. Always a promise to get back to me, but no point holding my breath! Finally, I left a message that I would wait no longer and would contact the Sydney Morning Herald and BBB (Better Business Bureau" in the USA. Like MAGIC, I received a call that I shjould expect a refund by the end of the week... it did arrive a little later than that, but I noted that the transaction had been initiated on the very date that I threatened to call BBB and SMH. I guess you can be lucky,if you use them, but be prepared with phone numbers and a generous credit card if things go wrong!
Member since 26 Apr 2014
I have had a really bad experience too. I joined today especially to leave a comment here. I booked 2 tickets from Brisbane to Europe with a company called Premier Sky Flights. Our seats were supposedly confirmed and two weeks later United Airlines cancelled our tickets with no explanation and no refund. That was 8 th March this year. It's now 26 th April and still no refund that was supposed to take only 3 days! Amex has taken up the dispute on our behalf, but I'm still waiting to hear anything. My advice is to stay away from these cheap flight businesses. They also have an Australian contact based in Cairns. Very dodgy! Beware! I will take your advice about contacting SMH and BBB. Thanks for that.
Member since 16 Dec 2013
I've used them quite a few times, discounts are closer to 10-30%, still valuable. I had one stuff up when the bookings were cancelled but they rectified that without charge (including swapping me to SQ first class rather than TG!).
Member since 20 Dec 2013
I tried them today with mixed feelings after reading a variety of reviews. Booking Syd to LAX on Virgin for two peoplw business class for $5000 each in Aug 2014. When I asked for a secure method of payments "Walid" my consultant kept saying he had sent the link by "seperate email" that never arrived, although all his emails telling me that he had sent it did arrive. I guess my demand for a secure payment online rather than give credit card details for him to fill in wasn't how they operated. He then claimed to have called me "30 minutes ago" although there are no missed calls on my phone. This has shonky written all over it and I am glad now it did not proceed. Here are the questions I asked that caused the issue, I believe:
1. Once we secure all seats for your flights, I will email you your booking reference number, e-tickets, and seat assignments. They are 100% honoured as we utilize our own corporate account to transfer points, if we were to book that way. Everything is booked in each passengers name so you will be fine at the ticket counter during check-in;
2. The price I quote includes all taxes and fees;
3. If you are ready to book, I will then send you an authorization form to confirm details and submit payment via a SSL secured encrypted payment link. I will need each passengers name as it appears on the passport and date of birth; either you can give me credit card information and I can populate it in the secured authorization form, or you can input it yourself when I send you the form.
4. We are very flexible with changes/cancellations. There is a $250 per passenger fee to change/cancel the flights if you are to make these requests up to 72 hours prior to departure. If you cancel the flights, you will receive full credit of the purchase price toward any international business class or first class flights you want within 12 months from the cancellation date, not booking date. Further, the credit is fully transferable to anyone you like, i.e. friend, family, coworker, etc. Our flexibility is far better than airlines and most other travel agencies.
5. I am your personal concierge available 24/7. I am always a phone call/email away. No hold times, no transferring. I will always be your first point of contact for any changes or questions regardless of how big or small. This is part of our white glove service. No airline or local agency provides service like this!
Be careful with them
Update from Walid, which makes me worry even more about their professionalism and the protection of my personal data
Update on my Alpha Flight Guru nightmare -
*2100 euros was refunded by Alpha Flight Guru
* Email was sent by David Garbarskiy saying they will not refund the remaining 900 euros but will give me a $500US voucher to use for United Airlines in lieu of the remaining amount. Despite my desire to tell him where to go, I advised I will be seeking legal action
* Amex has refunded the remaining 900 euros therefore it is no longer worth my time and effort to seek legal action.
Extremely terrible experience with this company. If anyone wants to see the string of correspondence to verify what I have written, do let me know, I would be happy to convince you not to use them for your travel bookings.
Hi Guest, join in the discussion on
Anyone ever used guys like Alpha Flight Guru or Fly Luxury For Less?
Already have an ET account? Log in below.
Signing up with Executive Traveller only takes a second and lets you
interact with our community. It's completely free and we'll never pass your information on to
Didn’t receive an activation email? Resend one to yourself here.
If you’ve forgotten your password, simply enter your email address
below, then click 'Submit'. We’ll send you an email to re-activate your account and enter a new password.
If you have not received the activation email, simply enter your email address below, then click 'Submit'. We’ll send you an email containing the activation link.
Subscribe to our free newsletter and get the latest news, reviews, tips and more sent straight to your inbox