Qantas - Qantas Frequent Flyer
Member since 03 Nov 2012
Total posts 4
I will be travelling between MEL and SYD JQi return in a few months time to take advantage of being able to access the Qantas First lounge at both ports without taking an international flight :-)
A few questions...
-Will web check-in be available? If not, what is the earliest I can get a boarding pass, assuming I will be travelling hand luggage only?
-I will be travelling with hand luggage only. Am I free to go through security to the lounge at any time on the day of the flight?
-Anything else I should know?
Member since 25 May 2012
Total posts 356
1. Web Check-in is not available on Jetstar domestic flights departing international terminals. This is because they need to attached a domestic 'D' sticker to your boarding pass and have you sign it in front of them.
2. It's ultimately up to the check-in staff to determine whether they check you in early or not. Without hand luggage only they can't check you in early.
3. Once you have the boarding pass, you can go through immigration/security at any time.
4. Don't forget your Platinum card. ;)
5. Unless you want to earn points and status credits by adding the Starter 'Plus' add-on, do a price-match against a similarly timed Tigerair flight to get in the F lounge really cheaply! :)
Member since 16 Feb 2012
Total posts 133
Peter, can you explain how you do the 'price-match'?
charlieg, Jetstar's price matching policy is outlined on their website, here: jetstar.com/au/en/what-we-offer/our-guarantees/price-beat-guarantee
Basically, you need to find a cheaper but similarly timed direct flight operated by a competitor between the same airports. Then you call Jetstar to get the lower fare for the Jetstar flight you wish to take who'll also waive the credit card fee under this policy.
Member since 09 May 2011
Total posts 172
Check in for Jetstar international flights open 3 hours prior to departure so you will be able to check in then
Member since 06 Sep 2012
Total posts 8
Jetstar have allowed me to check in earlier than the nominated 3 hours before a MEL - SYD int departing flight the last two times I tried - both times I had HLO and simply asked if I could. I like The QF first lounge
Hi Guest, join in the discussion on
Travelling on Jetstar International flights between Melbourne and Sydney (to use the Qantas First Lounge)
Already have an ET account? Log in below.
Signing up with Executive Traveller only takes a second and lets you
interact with our community. It's completely free and we'll never pass your information on to
Didn’t receive an activation email? Resend one to yourself here.
If you’ve forgotten your password, simply enter your email address
below, then click 'Submit'. We’ll send you an email to re-activate your account and enter a new password.
If you have not received the activation email, simply enter your email address below, then click 'Submit'. We’ll send you an email containing the activation link.
Subscribe to our free newsletter and get the latest news, reviews, tips and more sent straight to your inbox