Emirates Airlines - Skywards
Member since 30 Nov 2015
Total posts 419
Looking at the livery of the Singapore Airlines aircraft under Latest News (the Singapore, Canberra, Wellington story), does anyone else find this a terribly boring paint scheme, it reminds me of TAA Government issue all those years ago, almost identical colors and pattern. Which Airlines do we think have the sexiest livery in the sky and on the ground?
Virgin Australia - Velocity Rewards
Member since 19 Feb 2014
Total posts 90
I think it's one of the best in my opinion.
United Airlines has probably got to be the worst.
It's very formal of yesteryear design, like they all ditched years ago. I like Emirates, very impressive. A real statement.
Member since 21 Apr 2012
Total posts 2,058
A statement of insecurity?
No, more like a statement that we have arrived.
Qantas - Qantas Frequent Flyer
Member since 31 Aug 2015
Total posts 86
I personally care more about the service and the cabin interior more than I care about the livery. That being said, simple liveries are always the best in my opinion. I tend to like the Asiana livery a lot.
Yes,looks colorful and simple
Not heard of retro chic?
It's certainly Retro, but there's nothing Chic about it. Unimaginative I would say.
Those tired old 'Go Faster Stripes' through the passenger window section is sooo dated, 1950's, 60's, 70's, 80's, I prefer to leave the power to the Jet Engines.
Member since 11 Oct 2014
Total posts 369
Favurites - My personal opinion only ...
1. The QF livery still looks outstanding at any airport around the world. Would love a Nalanji (blue) A380 though
2. Personal favourite right now: FJ (Fiji Airways) embodies the Fijian culture in a balanced design
3. AY (Finnair) always looks clean, Scandanavian and fresh
4. AC (Air Canada's) 'Pepsodent' scheme always looks great inbright sunshine and even in floodlight at night.
5. The new AA (American Airlines) livery is very impressive, but a bit too 'radical' for some. Love it.
6. RJ (Royal Jordanian) always looks modern, restrained & business-like
7. EY (Etihad's) new livery is fresh and adventurous.
8. Prefer LA (LAN) old livery rather than the current one - and certainly heaps more than the proposed LATAM
9. QR (Qatar) always looks well-designed and colour-coordinated
10. HA (Hawaiian) - how could you dislike it? Bright and colourful.
And the beauty of all these logo's / liveries, is that they seem to fit ALL of their fleet, from smallest aircraft to largest. Scaleable design just works.
The OTHER category - Some I hate, with a passion :
11. DL (Delta's) widget - tired and w-a-y overdue for a remake - yet their red stewardess outfits are superb
12. RyanAir - duh, like how very early 80's
13. Spirit and their oversized yellow 'Taxi cabs'. Smart marketing though - you could never miss it.
14. Chinese carriers (CA, MU, CZ) don't really do good external design yet ..
15. EasyJet's new orange thingy with the 'orange' droop.
Your favourites are all great, I really do think Etihads new livery is dynamic compared to the previous, full marks there for number 7.
Yes, the Nalanji 747 looked fantastic, totally unique, we now need a Big Brother A380 version. Come on Qantas, start mixing the paint.
The more I think about it, Nalanji was probably the most amazing livery of all time. Where ever that was in the world, people just wanted to get on it and go to Oz, it was all part of the adventure of visiting a remote far away place.
Member since 29 May 2013
Total posts 46
Good list of fav's there!
As a dual national I have to give thumbs up to QF & AC, as both strike a chord with 'home' for me. As a 'new' Australian I can't make any nostalgic comments on previous QF livery... but the metallic mint green of AC was such a game changer (compared to the previous livery (notwithstanding criticism due to extra weight of metallic paint)) - also agreed it looks great in many lighting scenarios.
now for a LCC entrant from Thailand: I have a particular (playful) fondness for the Nok Air livery: planes painted as birds! Cheerful & comical. I really like the fact that the cockpit windows kinda look like sunnies...
Hi Guest, join in the discussion on
Singapore Airlines livery
Already have an ET account? Log in below.
Signing up with Executive Traveller only takes a second and lets you
interact with our community. It's completely free and we'll never pass your information on to
Didn’t receive an activation email? Resend one to yourself here.
If you’ve forgotten your password, simply enter your email address
below, then click 'Submit'. We’ll send you an email to re-activate your account and enter a new password.
If you have not received the activation email, simply enter your email address below, then click 'Submit'. We’ll send you an email containing the activation link.
Subscribe to our free newsletter and get the latest news, reviews, tips and more sent straight to your inbox