Probability of International Travel from January

86 replies

Dartpro

Member since 28 Aug 2019

Total posts 21

In order for a Country to prosper, it needs to be run by people with BRAINS. Others around the world are progressing while we still LAG behind the rest of the world. Queensland always appears at the bottom of any list. The only thing we are good for is sports and the beautiful weather.

TheFreqFlyer

Member since 05 Oct 2017

Total posts 74

Originally Posted by GoRobin

@journeyman...I got my EXIT visa to leave Australia within 24 hours of applying and I am not medicated. You just have to know how to do it. It is always the same with bureaucracies. You just gotta figure out what they want to hear.

That's good to hear. Indeed Australia being on the list of "green" countries, all that is needed to enter the Schengen zone is a negative PCR test. No quarantine is needed.

If I were you, I'd be staying in Europe for a while...


Dartpro

Member since 28 Aug 2019

Total posts 21

Hello TheFreqFlyer ! I should stay away permanently. As much as I love England it's the cold that would keep me at bay. Hence, it's the reason why we live in Queensland. Beautiful one day, Perfect the next. Well, at least that is how it used to be once upon a time. We do make a yearly trip to London for a couple of months and take tours around the country, but only in the month of June. We do make 3 overseas trips a year. We will keep doing so till we are not able to because of our age. The insurance is fairly steep.

TheFreqFlyer

Member since 05 Oct 2017

Total posts 74

Originally Posted by Dartpro

How easy is it going to be for you to return to Australia ? Will you be looking for another loophole to sneak in ?

In spite of how you managed to get out of Australia, I am happy for you. My wife an I are desparate to get to the UK even for a short stay, and then go back in June 2022 for a longer stay, hoping by then all restrictions would have been lifted. Unfortunately we live in Queensland where rules are totaly different from the other lenient States.

By June 2022, things are likely to look a lot better than now. You have to be flexible and become a procrastinator, like I've always been. Governments around the world continue to move the goalposts, which is why being a last minute planner is essential during the current times, as nothing is certain anymore, and won't be, for a long while to come.

If it wasn't for my procrastination, I would have booked all my travel to Myanmar for mid-March 2020 perhaps in January or earlier and either been stuck there or left with a large list of expenses (such as hotel bills) that I may or may not have been able to get a refund for.

Luckily, I left my planning to the last minute (then again, I don't really need to plan much in advance for a country I know so well, and go to every month or two especially when I stay at the same hotels on each trip). I even visited the embassy to apply for a visa but then backed out of it, seeing that the Indian border had just been closed, so I knew the Thai borders would soon close too...and figured that it would be unpredictable in terms of when the borders would reopen. A visa is valid for entry for 90 days, so had I obtained one I would have never been able to use it. Myanmar has promised to honour all visas issued between January 2, 2020 and March 21, 2020 for whenever restrictions are lifted, but even so, that is not a risk I was willing to take; not to mention getting a visa is such a simple process that I would have gained nothing from getting it then. Whenever borders reopen, I'll apply then, which will take no more than 24 hours.

I do have car rental bookings I've had to reschedule about 10 times over the past 19 months, but that doesn't cost me anything other than 1 minute of my time. Word is that SE Asian land borders are slated to reopen on January 15, 2022 (along with airports as well), though I think it will be better for me to wait until at least March before attempting to travel to Myanmar as things might still be a little sketchy at the beginning.

Good luck with your plans. If it were me, I'd wait until like March or even just June 2022 and go then. I'm sure it will be a lot easier than trying to get on the first flight that leaves in December. Besides, the weather will be much better over there come Spring or Summer.


Last editedby TheFreqFlyer at Oct 25, 2021, 01:08 AM.

TheFreqFlyer

Member since 05 Oct 2017

Total posts 74

Originally Posted by Dartpro

Hello TheFreqFlyer ! I should stay away permanently. As much as I love England it's the cold that would keep me at bay. Hence, it's the reason why we live in Queensland. Beautiful one day, Perfect the next. Well, at least that is how it used to be once upon a time. We do make a yearly trip to London for a couple of months and take tours around the country, but only in the month of June. We do make 3 overseas trips a year. We will keep doing so till we are not able to because of our age. The insurance is fairly steep.

I hear you. The cold and dreary weather is not much fun, but otherwise England is a very nice country and they're almost back to normal over there now.

Indeed insurance is going to be a concern. I can totally see insurance being an ongoing issue (even a mandate) long after all other Covid related restrictions are gone. This won't be an issue for most people, but it could be for the elderly aged approx. 70+ and anyone with serious, pre-existing medical conditions.


Last editedby TheFreqFlyer at Oct 05, 2021, 03:05 PM.

Dartpro

Member since 28 Aug 2019

Total posts 21

It really amuses me to hear all the stupid comments made by people who have not fully grasped the advantage of having a Covid jab. The idea of a covid jab is to keep you from getting violently ill. If you suffer from some underlying health issues, and you have not had even a single jab, could land you in ICU or on a ventilator. Having the jab keeps you away from the hospital, but recovering quite well at home like the common cold. So, please do not be STUPID, and listen to peole that do not have a clue as to what they are talking about regarding the covid virus. Go and get the jab and live longer. It's far better to be SAFE than SORRY .

TheFreqFlyer

Member since 05 Oct 2017

Total posts 74

Originally Posted by Dartpro

It really amuses me to hear all the stupid comments made by people who have not fully grasped the advantage of having a Covid jab. The idea of a covid jab is to keep you from getting violently ill. If you suffer from some underlying health issues, and you have not had even a single jab, could land you in ICU or on a ventilator. Having the jab keeps you away from the hospital, but recovering quite well at home like the common cold. So, please do not be STUPID, and listen to peole that do not have a clue as to what they are talking about regarding the covid virus. Go and get the jab and live longer. It's far better to be SAFE than SORRY .

LOL. The fact you believe all that amuses me more. The Covid jab is what could put you in hospital, not keep you away from it. Also, in some states such as Queensland, any Covid like symptoms and you must be hospitalized. Home quarantine is not allowed.

Dartpro

Member since 28 Aug 2019

Total posts 21

To TheFreqFlyer : What amazes me even more that you fall into the same rank of FOOLS that believe that the Covid jab will land you in hospital. Stupid of me to think you had brains. " Father Forgive Them For They Know Not What They Do "

TheFreqFlyer

Member since 05 Oct 2017

Total posts 74

Originally Posted by Dartpro

To TheFreqFlyer : What amazes me even more that you fall into the same rank of FOOLS that believe that the Covid jab will land you in hospital. Stupid of me to think you had brains. " Father Forgive Them For They Know Not What They Do "

LOL. You clearly live and breathe Covid like it's a religion. Oh wait...it is. Thankfully I've decided not to take part in this ritualistic cult.

Good luck to you, but I value my sanity and health much more.

I can also wait to travel until most of the world is back to normal, a process that will take at least another 6-12 months.


GoRobin Banned

GoRobin Banned

Member since 07 May 2020

Total posts 91

I am already travelling. Left Oz 3 weeks ago. 2 weeks in Germany already and now on the coast of Croatia. Occasionally people ask "show us your papers" and they are always pleased to just get a quick glance at something that looks official. So my bit of paper with a government emblem always works. There are about 200 countries in the world so as many different looking bits of paper. So who really knows what they are looking at as long as they glance something. Did anybody ever expect anything else to happen?

TheFreqFlyer

Member since 05 Oct 2017

Total posts 74

Originally Posted by GoRobin

I am already travelling. Left Oz 3 weeks ago. 2 weeks in Germany already and now on the coast of Croatia. Occasionally people ask "show us your papers" and they are always pleased to just get a quick glance at something that looks official. So my bit of paper with a government emblem always works. There are about 200 countries in the world so as many different looking bits of paper. So who really knows what they are looking at as long as they glance something. Did anybody ever expect anything else to happen?

Europe is fairly easygoing. Unlike the upcoming vax requirement to enter the USA beginning on November 8, Europe allows entry to anyone showing proof of vaccination status OR a negative PCR test result OR proof of recovery. Arrivals from "green zone" countries such as Australia may not need anything at all, other than what the airlines require. Several Eastern European countries are particularly relaxed.

Glad to hear you are having a good time and do keep us posted as to how your travels work out.


Dartpro

Member since 28 Aug 2019

Total posts 21

To all concerned ! International travel is already in motion for NSW and Vic. Have you all not kept up with the updates ? The problem is that we can all go wherever we like, but only from Sydney or Melbourne, and when we return we will be in either Sydney or Melbourne having to quarantine for 14 days at one's own expense. Perhaps with a stroke of good luck the premier of Queensland will allow International travel to begin from Brisbane, and returning home to Brisbane, and then quarantine for 7 days in our own homes. One can only hope for a miracle. Those that are doubled vaxed would have the freedom to travel, whilst those that are unvaxed be confined within their own suburbs. I don't think that the Queensland premier is that DUMB as to extend the lockdown, only because she herself stated that Dec 17 has been "locked in" for overseas travel.

Hi Guest, join in the discussion on Probability of International Travel from January

Attach Files