Virgin Australia is extending the availability of its chauffeur-drive limo service through to December 25 as the challenger airline continues to capitalise on its uplift boom in business travel following Qantas' litany of strike-induced woes.
The deal offers a door-to-door limousine service for business class passengers travelling on Virgin's 'coast to coast' flights between Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane and Perth.
As long as your pickup point is within 60km of the airport, you'll be whisked to the airport by what Virgin promises is a 'luxury sedan'. The free limo transfer also applies to when you return from your travels.
If you happen to be outside the 60km zone you'll can still book the limo service, although you'll have to pay for the difference in distance – which sitll makes this a very cost-effective way to get to and from the airport with a minimum of hassle.
(And 60km is a pretty generous scope – for example, in Sydney it basically covers north to Palm Beach, south-west to Camden and west to Blacktown).
Virgin Australia recently introduced business class on all coast-to-coast flights, ranging from its original Airbus A330s (which are the best choice if you want maximum legroom) to factory-fresh Boeing 737-800NGs with the snazzy Boeing Sky Interior, along with earlier-model 737-800s which have been reiftted to swap out premium economy for business class.
More Australian Business Traveller stories on cross-country business class flights
- Business class now on all Virgin flights to Perth from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- The Battle of the Business Classes: Qantas vs Virgin Australia from Perth to Sydney
- The best Business Class seats (and the ones to avoid) on Qantas' Sydney-Perth Boeing 747
- The best Business Class seats (and the ones to avoid) on Virgin Australia's Airbus A330
- Review: Virgin Australia's Sydney-Perth A330 flight
- Review: Virgin Australia's Perth-Sydney A330 flight