Qantas - Qantas Frequent Flyer
Member since 23 Feb 2016
Total posts 59
Qantas P1 interested to know experience in getting points UG from BC to F using points. I do not have to go to UK often, have to go to Jul 16, solo traveler, start Jul AU school H'days, return start Jul UK school H'days. Flight's are QF 1 and 2.
Member since 02 Jul 2011
Total posts 835
As P1 I would say pretty high, and over holiday periods can be less paid business travel.
Member since 11 Oct 2014
Total posts 336
I would suggest:
1. P1 Status - in your favour (majorly)
2. 'Solo' traveller - definitely in your favour
3. Relatively 'short' upgrade window - not really favourable. It is always lamented on this and most other sites that First Class Upgrades seem to be snapped up 12 months in advance of travel.
4. School holidays? While there may not be a lot of 'paid' First / Business demand, there will certainly be a LOT of UPGRADE demand from business people wishing to take their family on holidays. July is also the 'summer' peak to Europe. Not so advantageous.
5. I would suggest checking out potential available First upgrade possibilites / loads - and then ringing your P1 QFF contact tel nbr and having a chat with consultant. Over the years, I have found them to be amenable to accommodate standard P, so I would imagine that as a P1, you would certainly have the best chance of accessing available QF largesse. Denying your absolute top-tier would not be a 'good' look / experience - but on some occassions, may be unavoidable. If there are no available upgrade seats, sometimes they are able to bounce an unsold revenue seat into the UPG bucket, provided one is available.
Good luck with your trip.
Hi Guest, join in the discussion on
Qantas P1 interested to know experience in getting points UG from BC to F using points.
Already have an ET account? Log in below.
Signing up with Executive Traveller only takes a second and lets you
interact with our community. It's completely free and we'll never pass your information on to
Didn’t receive an activation email? Resend one to yourself here.
If you’ve forgotten your password, simply enter your email address
below, then click 'Submit'. We’ll send you an email to re-activate your account and enter a new password.
If you have not received the activation email, simply enter your email address below, then click 'Submit'. We’ll send you an email containing the activation link.
Subscribe to our free newsletter and get the latest news, reviews, tips and more sent straight to your inbox