British Airways' new first class amenity kits are now being introduced on the airline's daily flights from Sydney to Singapore and onwards to London.
The kits – or 'washbags', as the airline likes to call them – replace the popular Anna Hindmarch-designed 'Dopp bags' (below) across BA's Airbus A380, Boeing 777 and Boeing 747 fleet.
BA assembled its new first class kits after conducting research with passengers to find out what they really want in their wash bag, beyond the usual toothbrush, toothpaste and eye-mask.
"What surprised us was the simplicity of the items they feel are missing from the traditional wash-bag" says Kate Thornton, British Airways' head of product and service. "Deodorant is a good example, as is a decent hairbrush or comb."
The two new soft-bag kits boast a range of specially tailored products for men and women.
Aromatherapy Associates First Class washbag for women
- Firming Eye Serum (5ml) to plump, firm and add moisture to the eye area
- Triple Rose Renewing Moisturiser (15ml) to provide essential moisture and leave skin delicately scented
- Orange Flower Hand Lotion (15ml) to keep hands nourished and soft
- Hydrating Renewing Rose Cleanser (15ml) to help thoroughly clean and rehydrate the skin
- The kit also includes a Deodorant Stick, Lip Balm Stick, Cotton Wool Pad, Toothbrush/Toothpaste and combined Hairbrush and mirror.
The Refinery First Class washbag for men
- Revitalising Moisturiser (15ml) to firm, hydrate and completely refresh
- Eye Gel (5ml) to cool and restore the delicate eye area
- Shave Gel (30ml), for a soothing and close shave
- The kit also contains a Lip Balm Stick, Deodorant Stick, Razor, Brush and comb, Toothbrush/Toothpaste and pen
The men's business class kit includes Elemis Skin Soothe Shave Gel, Pro-Collagen Marine Cream moisturiser and lip balm along with the usual razor, socks, toothbrush, toothpaste and a handy pen for filling out those arrivals forms.
Women will get the same moisturiser and lip balm as the blokes but are also treated to a 'soothing apricot facial wipe' plus Elemis Pro-Collagen Hand & Nail Cream.
Follow Australian Business Traveller on Twitter: we're AusBT