China Eastern Airlines is now offering a free chauffeur drive service for business class and first class flyers on its routes between Australia, Shanghai and Beijing.
The complimentary service is limited to a radius of 35km from Sydney Airport, 45km in Melbourne, 40km in Brisbane, and 60km in Shanghai or Beijing.
There are also a few condition and caveats:
- there's only one free transfer per flight: so if you decide to book your driver for a China Eastern flight from Sydney, for example, you won't qualify for a chauffeur at Shanghai
- according to China Eastern, the chauffeur service for Beijing airports is available only for flights MU711, MU712, MU227 and MU728 (which shuttle between Sydney and Beijing via Hangzhou and Nanjing)
- codeshares through local partner Qantas are not eligible
- you need to request your driver via "at least seven working days" before your flight – this has to be done at China Eastern's Limo Service Application website
- if you change your booking after the application has been lodged, you'll be up for a hefty $150 fee