Perth to London

23 replies

Nich

Qantas - Qantas Frequent Flyer

Member since 07 Jun 2021

Total posts 4

With the planned Aus trial of international flights and the UK green zoning, it would be the ideal time for the Perth direct link to reopen. With other flights transiting through Asia, as these are not 'green' countries in the UK listing, it still means quarantine there. What is the smart planning around this route?

Ozshanel

Qantas - Qantas Frequent Flyer

Member since 08 Dec 2014

Total posts 11

Unfortunately the designation that the UK gives Australia is irrelevant just like the recent announcement from France. There will be no scheduled flights from Perth to London until the Australian government gives its citizens permission to leave the country. Who knows when that will be? At the rate we're going, possibly never.

KW72

Member since 17 Jun 2020

Total posts 40

At the rate Australia is going, this won’t happen until 2045.

Unless of course it is a charter flight to take our dear wise leaders to the G7 or the Olympics. Then no problem.

GoRobin Banned

GoRobin Banned

Member since 07 May 2020

Total posts 89

Has anybody in Australia not got the message yet? If you are lucky enough to get permission to leave Australia to go to London, Paris, Frankfurt, etc, it is only a one way unencumbered journey. But you will still have to do the mandatory 14 quarantine on return regardless if you left Australia fully vaccinated or you got fully vaccinated during your stay in London etc, or both. This leads me to the conclusion, which should be pretty obvious to everyone else, that the Australian government simply does not accept that any of the current vaccinations work very well if at all. How else can you explain it? I think they must be waiting for the next generation of jabs. In the meantime Australia already purchased and paid for 100 million doses so better to use them than to throw them out even if they don't have any confidence in them.

Last editedby GoRobin at Jun 07, 2021, 08:08 PM.

Grannular

Member since 31 Mar 2014

Total posts 226

Originally Posted by GoRobin

Has anybody in Australia not got the message yet? If you are lucky enough to get permission to leave Australia to go to London, Paris, Frankfurt, etc, it is only a one way unencumbered journey. But you will still have to do the mandatory 14 quarantine on return regardless if you left Australia fully vaccinated or you got fully vaccinated during your stay in London etc, or both. This leads me to the conclusion, which should be pretty obvious to everyone else, that the Australian government simply does not accept that any of the current vaccinations work very well if at all. How else can you explain it? I think they must be waiting for the next generation of jabs. In the meantime Australia already purchased and paid for 100 million doses so better to use them than to throw them out even if they don't have any confidence in them.

Last editedby GoRobin at Jun 07, 2021, 08:08 PM.
Good work trying to twist the conversation to your own narrative there

patrickk

Qantas

Member since 19 Apr 2012

Total posts 639

Originally Posted by GoRobin

Has anybody in Australia not got the message yet? If you are lucky enough to get permission to leave Australia to go to London, Paris, Frankfurt, etc, it is only a one way unencumbered journey. But you will still have to do the mandatory 14 quarantine on return regardless if you left Australia fully vaccinated or you got fully vaccinated during your stay in London etc, or both. This leads me to the conclusion, which should be pretty obvious to everyone else, that the Australian government simply does not accept that any of the current vaccinations work very well if at all. How else can you explain it? I think they must be waiting for the next generation of jabs. In the meantime Australia already purchased and paid for 100 million doses so better to use them than to throw them out even if they don't have any confidence in them.

Last editedby GoRobin at Jun 07, 2021, 08:08 PM.
GoRobin we are on 20% with one jab. When we get to 80% with two jabs then things will change. The government agrees the jab works but to keep people out of hospitals then the vast majority is us will need to have it. The latest data from th UK confirms the jab keeps people out of hospitals with only 3 out of quite a few with two jabs who got the bug being admitted.

GoRobin Banned

GoRobin Banned

Member since 07 May 2020

Total posts 89

patrickk...I didn't see any politician or health bureacrat confirm that the borders will open up and incoming quarantine abandoned when 80% of the population is vaccinated. I think you are just speculating as usual. There is no such plan. Even if 80% of Australians got vaccinated which is highly unlikely for several reasons, at the current rate it would take another 24 months to achieve that kind of goal. All just speculation and no plan. It's just day by day knee jerk decision making.

Last editedby GoRobin at Jun 09, 2021, 09:18 AM.

hutch

Member since 07 Oct 2012

Total posts 767

Originally Posted by GoRobin

patrickk...I didn't see any politician or health bureacrat confirm that the borders will open up and incoming quarantine abandoned when 80% of the population is vaccinated. I think you are just speculating as usual. There is no such plan. Even if 80% of Australians got vaccinated which is highly unlikely for several reasons, at the current rate it would take another 24 months to achieve that kind of goal. All just speculation and no plan. It's just day by day knee jerk decision making.

Last editedby GoRobin at Jun 09, 2021, 09:18 AM.
You are also speculating.

Though... It certainly won't take 24months to vaccinate the "willing" population.

GoRobin Banned

GoRobin Banned

Member since 07 May 2020

Total posts 89

Hutch ... Of course I am speculating just like you and any other commentator or politician or honourable health bureacrats who now runs Australia. Speculation is not fact. I can't possibly see how Australia could reach an 80% vaccination rate unless the government forced the population to be vaccinated. This would of course go against the Nurenburg Code which no other developed nation has been bold enough to ignore at this time as far as I am aware. But these are unusual times so lets see what knee jerk reactions the health bureacrats are "willing" to follow as you say.

Last editedby GoRobin at Jun 09, 2021, 03:39 PM.

patrickk

Qantas

Member since 19 Apr 2012

Total posts 639

Originally Posted by GoRobin

Hutch ... Of course I am speculating just like you and any other commentator or politician or honourable health bureacrats who now runs Australia. Speculation is not fact. I can't possibly see how Australia could reach an 80% vaccination rate unless the government forced the population to be vaccinated. This would of course go against the Nurenburg Code which no other developed nation has been bold enough to ignore at this time as far as I am aware. But these are unusual times so lets see what knee jerk reactions the health bureacrats are "willing" to follow as you say.

Last editedby GoRobin at Jun 09, 2021, 03:39 PM.
GoRobin they will get to 80% if the incentives are there carrots and sticks. They don’t need a vaccination passport it is on your Medicare record which has an App. If they’ve had one they can go further and into more places than if they don’t, plus lotteries and the like. The anti-vaccer crowd is not that huge. See child hood vaccine rates. They are currently running at 600,000 COVID doses a week and increasing so 20 million with at least one dose by the end of the year is possible.

GoRobin Banned

GoRobin Banned

Member since 07 May 2020

Total posts 89

patrickk...It's still going to take at least 24 months to get to your magic number if at all. Even if this magic no is reached nobody anywhere guaranteed that mandatory quarantine for arriving travellers regardless of vaccination status will be abandoned. So surely this is a pointless discussion. Nobody in Australia has any idea as to when, if ever, that international travelling for Australians will resume. You've been a dreamer since the first post I ever saw from you on this blog. No harm in dreaming by the way.

Last editedby GoRobin at Jun 09, 2021, 04:41 PM.

rg

Member since 24 Mar 2014

Total posts 3

much grandstanding - Hunt has spoken about UK/Aust bubble in 6-8 weeks for jabbed travellers who won't then need exemption or quarantine on return. HOWEVER, transits in Middle East, Japan, USA render you red or amber arrival in UK. As some have quite rightly said, it only really works with the reintroduction of Perth / London flights

rg

Member since 24 Mar 2014

Total posts 3

multiple posts due to system syntax error - apologies!!

GoRobin Banned

GoRobin Banned

Member since 07 May 2020

Total posts 89

rg....and Hunt just announced his extension of the biosecurity travel ban until 17 Sept. A lot of grandstanding indeed.

rg

Member since 24 Mar 2014

Total posts 3

well spotted gorobin - but any bubble is outside ban - quod erat demonstrandum

Hi Guest, join in the discussion on Perth to London

Attach Files