Member since 23 Feb 2013
Total posts 46
I will be flying Emirates soon from Sydney to Dubai via Bangkok on EK419, operated by the Boeing 777-300ER. I have a couple of questions:
- Will they make us disembark the aircraft in Bangkok if we are in transit for Dubai?
- Will the new updated Emirates entertainment system with the new screens and remotes likely be on board this very long flight?
- Any other tips for this flight?
Thanks for your help everyone!
Qantas - Qantas Frequent Flyer
Member since 04 Mar 2013
Total posts 11
Sorry about the first 'reply' - my computer was misbehaving!
I flew this flight back in September so hopefully I can help you.
To answer your questions:
1. You have a choice to disembark at Bangkok if you so choose. I did and it was totally worth it simply for the opportunity to stretch your legs and get some 'fresh' air. Remember to take your passport and ticket with you otherwise you may find it difficult to reboard. I got a good 45 mins break which was just wonderful. That said, the gate we pulled into combined with the time meant that a) we were a loooonnnng way from any substantial shops and being a heinous time of day very few of them were open.
2. It would ultimately depend, as I understand it, on your particular plane. If it is a newer 77W you would most likely have the updated ICE system. My flight didn't but even so the older ICE system was still superb. Just a tiny bit more clunky. I did, however, notice a significant difference in clarity when I boarded my A380 flight to Paris. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than I can help to provide more specific information for your needs.
As for any other tips....bring noise cancelling headphones if you are not in Business or First. Those GE90s are loud! Apart from that, enjoy your flight!
Thanks for your help! :) Also, do you know what meals will be served on this flight? I'm guessing dinner on the SYD-BKK leg and then breakfast on the BKK-DXB leg? Your help is appreciated! :)
Glad I could help you!
As for meals...you definitely get a late dinner flying out of Sydney and I think (memory is fuzzy here) a light meal as you come into Bangkok and maybe a light meal on the way out of Bangkok (can't definitively remember though). You then get a full breakfast about an hour out of Dubai. All I truly remember is being very satisfied with the food and being completely full.
If you are flying out from Dubai to elsewhere you'll then get a fabulous breakfast. I had an Arabic mezze platter and it was a close to actual Arabic cuisine without actually having my Arabic grandmother making it.
Thanks so much for your help alatar144. You really helped!
Hi Guest, join in the discussion on
I will be flying Emirates soon from Sydney to Dubai via Bangkok on EK419, operated by the Boeing 777-300ER.
Already have an ET account? Log in below.
Signing up with Executive Traveller only takes a second and lets you
interact with our community. It's completely free and we'll never pass your information on to
Didn’t receive an activation email? Resend one to yourself here.
If you’ve forgotten your password, simply enter your email address
below, then click 'Submit'. We’ll send you an email to re-activate your account and enter a new password.
If you have not received the activation email, simply enter your email address below, then click 'Submit'. We’ll send you an email containing the activation link.
Subscribe to our free newsletter and get the latest news, reviews, tips and more sent straight to your inbox