QF vaccine rewards

26 replies

Steve987

Member since 23 Feb 2015

Total posts 262

Seems odd that the 15 status credits don’t contribute to lifetime totals. In an environment where it is hard to fly and it being rare even in ordinary circumstances for you to find yourself 15 SC short of a tier, I can’t see much value in this option. I guess it will be the thousand points for me, which is still better than the proverbial kick in the pants mind you.

theflyinggeo

Qantas - Qantas Frequent Flyer

Member since 19 Mar 2019

Total posts 19

Are you really complaining about free status credits/points?

I think the 15 SC might come in handy depending on the flying environment we see ourselves in next year.

emptychairtable

Member since 13 Nov 2015

Total posts 3

15 SC not much use considering everybody is most likely going to qualify to have their Status extended for another year anyway. Might be useful if these same people are Points Club members and can have these SC's rolled over to the following year.

XWu

Member since 09 May 2020

Total posts 104

Anyone have any idea on the likely nature of vaccination proof for flying domestic or international with QF?

Like do they store the actual certificates or just verify with authorities and just flagged your records that you have vaccinated?

Note I am not talking about signing up for the competition yet.

As much as I would love freebies I am reluctant to upload any information which may point medical records via identification number. Sure they say they will delete the record once they verify it but then we have these kind of reassurance involving competition from other large companies before and then a data breach somehow exposes the information to hackers even though the data is in a secure vault online etc.

Even Singapore, where the government has long digitised data entry and experience with Amit Security (far earlier than Australia) still can get data breaches involving medical records of the current prime minister, so I don't have much confidence with large corporations which are by default targets for hackers worldwide.

I am thinking if the vaccination certificate upload are mandatory for normal travel passports then I probably just stop worrying since it is almost given there will be data breach at some point in time, and I might as well take advantage of this vaccination promotion.

If not, I thought maybe I will rather forgo uploading the cert to reduce the number of unnecessary sites which has my vaccination details.

Last editedby XWu at Aug 24, 2021, 09:20 PM.

GBRGB

Qantas - Qantas Frequent Flyer

Member since 21 Jan 2014

Total posts 270

I agree, I won’t be uploading any of my medical records to a business. It will be interesting to see how they handle this in regards to travel going forward, millions of people have no idea of how to access their Mygov account and millions don’t even have one, so the airlines and govt need to come up with some sort of way of annotating peoples vaccinations, or the millions of people QF want to return to the skies won’t be.

Steve987

Member since 23 Feb 2015

Total posts 262

Originally Posted by theflyinggeo

Are you really complaining about free status credits/points?

I think the 15 SC might come in handy depending on the flying environment we see ourselves in next year.

Do you really read my post as a complaint?

I am simply stating that the status credits option is unattractive given the current environment and would be more attractive if it contributed to lifetime totals.


Steve987

Member since 23 Feb 2015

Total posts 262

Regarding accessing the rewards, I think you both make good points. I do think it is going to become commonplace that vendors will want to see evidence of vaccination before providing service, but typically that will manifest as an on the spot test. Eg if you want to enter the restaurant they will demand the certificate is shown before you enter.

It will be interesting to see if the travel industry will demand presubmission of that data or not. I can certainly see ESTA applications, for example, requiring vaccination evidence. Qantas also collects passport data today, which is arguably just as sensitive as the vaccination proof.

It is a brave new world!

XWu

Member since 09 May 2020

Total posts 104

Originally Posted by Steve987

Regarding accessing the rewards, I think you both make good points. I do think it is going to become commonplace that vendors will want to see evidence of vaccination before providing service, but typically that will manifest as an on the spot test. Eg if you want to enter the restaurant they will demand the certificate is shown before you enter.

It will be interesting to see if the travel industry will demand presubmission of that data or not. I can certainly see ESTA applications, for example, requiring vaccination evidence. Qantas also collects passport data today, which is arguably just as sensitive as the vaccination proof.

It is a brave new world!

I agree with your point on passport data which need to be populated by the pax (particularly incoming international flights), although i dont think they scan your passport into their system when you check in, unlike some hotel or (adult) entertainment venue in some cities where they would demand to scan the photo ID card.

Might be surprising to some but I value my medical records more (passport number is valid for 10 years max if you don’t change it before) hence the concern

X4platypus

Member since 23 Aug 2021

Total posts 7

Disgusting

X4platypus

Member since 23 Aug 2021

Total posts 7

Disgusting

X4platypus

Member since 23 Aug 2021

Total posts 7

For my lengthy response I got unexpected token JSON 60 what does that mean.

Obviously your not allowed to say anything nasty towards the hand that feeds this post

X4platypus

Member since 23 Aug 2021

Total posts 7

People should be commenting on the fact that offering reward for an unproven Vax is just deplorable rather than commenting on the miserable gesture they have undertaken. It's a tax deduction for them anyway.

What should be ringing alarm bells is the fact that the CEO of phifzer globally still hasn't had the vaccine. Go figure

ja90ck

Member since 30 Aug 2019

Total posts 9

Originally Posted by X4platypus

People should be commenting on the fact that offering reward for an unproven Vax is just deplorable rather than commenting on the miserable gesture they have undertaken. It's a tax deduction for them anyway.

What should be ringing alarm bells is the fact that the CEO of phifzer globally still hasn't had the vaccine. Go figure

If you don't want it, don't get it. But you'll probably find yourself in the minority considering most people would be very willing to get the vaccination, especially if it means getting to travel again soon. What you see as deplorable, others see as necessary in protecting their family and community. If Qantas choose to reward people for that, then so be it. Your opinion on the matter doesn't change the fact that vaccination is the only way the travel and tourism industry will return to normal.


X4platypus

Member since 23 Aug 2021

Total posts 7

Originally Posted by ja90ck

Originally Posted by X4platypus

People should be commenting on the fact that offering reward for an unproven Vax is just deplorable rather than commenting on the miserable gesture they have undertaken. It's a tax deduction for them anyway.

What should be ringing alarm bells is the fact that the CEO of phifzer globally still hasn't had the vaccine. Go figure

If you don't want it, don't get it. But you'll probably find yourself in the minority considering most people would be very willing to get the vaccination, especially if it means getting to travel again soon. What you see as deplorable, others see as necessary in protecting their family and community. If Qantas choose to reward people for that, then so be it. Your opinion on the matter doesn't change the fact that vaccination is the only way the travel and tourism industry will return to normal.


I wouldn't expect anything less a response from sheeple. I will be travelling again but will wait until longer study profile has been completed. I'm personally looking 2024. By then other drug regimes and vaccines would have been developed eg novamax and problems with current experimental mrna Vax would hopefully be sorted.

Congratulations for taking this experiment it's certainly worth a 1000 miserable points or 15 stars credits 🤣🤣🤣

ja90ck

Member since 30 Aug 2019

Total posts 9

Originally Posted by X4platypus

Originally Posted by ja90ck

Originally Posted by X4platypus

People should be commenting on the fact that offering reward for an unproven Vax is just deplorable rather than commenting on the miserable gesture they have undertaken. It's a tax deduction for them anyway.

What should be ringing alarm bells is the fact that the CEO of phifzer globally still hasn't had the vaccine. Go figure

If you don't want it, don't get it. But you'll probably find yourself in the minority considering most people would be very willing to get the vaccination, especially if it means getting to travel again soon. What you see as deplorable, others see as necessary in protecting their family and community. If Qantas choose to reward people for that, then so be it. Your opinion on the matter doesn't change the fact that vaccination is the only way the travel and tourism industry will return to normal.


I wouldn't expect anything less a response from sheeple. I will be travelling again but will wait until longer study profile has been completed. I'm personally looking 2024. By then other drug regimes and vaccines would have been developed eg novamax and problems with current experimental mrna Vax would hopefully be sorted.

Congratulations for taking this experiment it's certainly worth a 1000 miserable points or 15 stars credits 🤣🤣🤣

This may shock you, but 1000 frequent flyer points wasn't the deciding factor in getting vaccinated. I, like others, chose to do so before Qantas' promo. But don't let that get it the way of whatever point it is you're trying to make.

Between the name calling, the emoji's and the uninformed dribble you're preaching, it's hard to take you seriously.

Until then, stay safe.


Hi Guest, join in the discussion on QF vaccine rewards

Attach Files