Terms & conditions: Virgin Australia 'Win a trip to Los Angeles' competition
Information on how to enter the Virgin Australia 'Win a Trip to Los Angeles' contest forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. Entry is restricted to Australian residents aged 16 years old or over; staff and immediate family of Australian Business Traveller and Virgin Australia are not eligible to enter.
2. The contest commences at 12.01am (EST) on 29 January 2014 and closes at 11.59pm (EST) on 4 February 2014 (Promotion Period).
3. To enter, use the contest entry form to tell us in 25 words or less why you’d like to visit Los Angeles with Virgin Australia.
4. By entering this contest, the winner thereby agrees that Australian Business Traveller and/or Virgin Australia may use their photo and name for publicity purposes. Any such use will be subject at all times to the Privacy Act 1993.
5. This contest is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. The judges' decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. The winner will receive two (2) premium economy return tickets between Sydney and Los Angeles on Virgin Australia, with connections to and from your closest Virgin Australia port and Sydney if the winner resides outside of Sydney.
7. Prize travel tickets are valid for 12 months from 29 January 2014 and are subject to Virgin Australia's terms & conditions as detailed below.
8. The flights are non-redeemable for cash
9. Tickets are valid on direct Virgin Australia flights only and not code share services.
10. Tickets are non transferable (i.e. no name changes allowed).
11. Blackout periods apply during school holidays (i.e. you cannot take these flights during school holidays nationwide) and flights are subject to availability.
12. Flights must be used within 12 months from 29 January 2014, and this expiry will not be extended.
13. All bookings need to be made at least 7 days prior to travel.
14. Bookings can be requested Mon-Fri between 09.00-17.00 AEST on 07 3295 3166 or via email any time at [email protected]
15. Changes to flight details once booked will incur a $50 change fee per guest per change.
16. Virgin Australia’s normal terms and Conditions of Carriage apply.
17. Any credit received from payments made on a cancelled booking will be transferred to a travel bank account which can be used up to 12 months from the date of the original booking toward future travel on Virgin Australia flights. Bookings using travel bank must be booked through our Guest Contact Centre on 136789.
18. Passengers who do not notify Virgin Australia at least 24 hours prior to scheduled departure that they are unable to take the booked flight will forfeit the prize tickets.
19. Vouchers may not be sold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the original recipient or any subsequent bearer. If a voucher is sold or used in breach of this condition, the voucher may be withdrawn .
20. The winner and their companion will not accrue Virgin Australia Velocity frequent flyer points or status credits.
21. The prize does not include accommodation, travel insurance, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature not stated.
22. The winner will be advised by phone and/or email by Australian Business Traveller on Wednesday 5 February 2014, and their name published on Australian Business Traveller.
23. Australian Business Traveller and Virgin Australia will not be held accountable by any winner for any expense, loss, damage or injury incurred whilst collecting any, or all of the prize package, whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise. All prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner.
24. Australian Business Traveller and Virgin Australia reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of the competition at their discretion.
25. Australian Business Traveller and Virgin Australia will not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information concerning the competition or for any technical errors that may occur during the administration of the competition.