Europcar's new loyalty scheme looks outside the airport parking lot for rewards that business travellers will really value -- hotel room upgrades.
The car hire company's new "Privilege" program (which replaces the old "Ready Rewards" one) offers elite status in Accor's A|Club hotel program.
These benefits can be substantial — for example, anyone that rents a car 10 times, or for 40 days a year, gets Accor gold status, which provides a room upgrade for every hotel stay that year, plus late check-out to 4pm, and a free drink and gift from the property on each visit.
Accor is one of the world's largest hotel groups, with 4,200 hotels under the brands Sofitel, Pullman, Lenôtre, MGallery Collection, Novotel, Suite Novotel, Mercure, Adagio, ibis, all seasons, Etap Hotel, Formule 1, hotelF1 and Motel 6 and others.
There are three levels of benefits:
Privilege Club — available from the first rental
- 10% discount on international car hire leisure rates
- Guaranteed reservation
- Special rates at participating Accor hotels and direct access to Accor’s A|Club Silver card loyalty program
- Express pick-up service: pre-printed rental contract, keys delivered upon simple presentation of the customer’s driver’s license without any other formalities
Privilege Executive – 10 rentals or 40 rental days per year
The above benefits plus:
- up to 20% discount on international car hire leisure rates
- One car category upgrade (up to Standard Class)
- Special rates at participating Accor hotels and direct access to Accor’s A|Club Gold card loyalty program (which offers a room upgrade, late checkout to 4pm, a welcome drink and a gift each stay)
Privilege Elite – 25 rentals or 85 rental days per year
The above benefits plus:
- Up to 30% discount on international car hire leisure rates
- A free upgrade up to the “Full size” vehicle category (subject to availability).
- One free weekend rental per year
- Free additional driver for each rental
- Direct access to Accor’s A|Club Gold card (which offers a room upgrade, late checkout to 4pm, a welcome drink and a gift each stay) and 200 A|Club bonus points for their first stay at an Accor hotel
The Privilege Program replaces Europcar’s existing Ready Rewards program, and any rentals currently accrued in the older award program will be taken into account when assessing a member's new Privilege Program level.
More information on the new loyalty program is at Europcar's website.