New York City will boast a new-build Starwood hotel in 2017 when the Aloft New York Midtown Manhattan property opens its doors in October 2017.
Construction begins later this month in the Big Apple’s Garment District, where 180 loft-style rooms will emerge from the concrete on 38th Street and Fifth Avenue – walking distance from Rockefeller Centre, the Empire State Building, Times Square and Madison Square Garden.
Guests can unwind at the 27-storey hotel’s W XYZ Bar for live music and a cool beverage, or can enjoy some time out at the nearby theatres of Broadway.
The property will also allow travellers to use their smartphone or Apple Watch as a room key.
Members of the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) loyalty program can take advantage of their regular benefits such as free in-room Internet access at the new Aloft New York Midtown Manhattan hotel, although selected perks such as room upgrades aren’t offered when staying at Aloft hotels.
Planning a New York trip? Also read:
- Hilton New York Fashion District, Chelsea hotel review
- Five tips for riding the New York subway like a local
- 'Delta One' Boeing 767 business class review: Los Angeles-New York
- Snap up half-price tickets to Broadway shows in New York at TKTS
- 'Delta One' Boeing 757 business class review: New York-Los Angeles
For the latest information for business travellers and frequent flyers, follow @AusBT on Twitter.