Information on how to enter the competition associated with the Australian Business Traveller 2014 Reader Survey, mechanics for entry and the prizes for the competition form part of these terms and conditions. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. Entry is restricted to residents of Australia aged 18 years old or over; staff and immediate family of Australian Business Traveller, Velocity Frequent Flyer, Bellroy and associated agencies are not eligible to enter.
2. The competition will run from 12.01am (EST) Wednesday December 31, 2014 to 11.59pm (EST) Tuesday January 13, 2015.
3. Entrants must complete the Australian Business Traveller 2014 Reader Survey and when prompted supply their email address and answer the question: In 50 words or fewer, tells us which business trip you're most looking forward to in 2015, and why.
4. Eleven winners will be chosen by Australian Business Traveller on Thursday January 15, 2015, and will be notified by email on Friday January 16, 2015. Their names will be published on the Australian Business Traveller website by Monday January 19, 2015.
5. This contest is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. The judges' decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. By entering this contest, each winner agrees that Australian Business Traveller may use their name and photo for publicity purposes. Any such use will be subject at all times to the Privacy Act 1993.
7. One winner will receive 50,000 Velocity Points valued at $1,850 (the prize value is based on a sample of the points options that could be obtained by redeeming the prize through the Velocity Frequent Flyer program, as more fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer program. The estimate of value is provided for the purposes of this competition only – the value of the points will vary depending on how they are redeemed by the winner through the Velocity Frequent Flyer program. Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will automatically be loaded onto the winning Velocity Member’s Velocity Frequent Flyer Account by January 31, 2015. Redemptions are subject to availability and to the Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions.
8. Ten winners will receive a Bellroy Passport Sleeve wallet valued at $99.95.
9. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable, nor redeemable for cash. The prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied.
10. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
11. Australian Business Traveller will not be held accountable by any winner for any expense, loss, damage or injury incurred whilst collecting any, or all of the prize package, whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise. The prize is accepted entirely at the risk of the winner.
12. Australian Business Traveller reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of Australian Business Traveller. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
13. Australian Business Traveller reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the competition at its discretion
14. Australian Business Traveller will not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information concerning the competition or for any technical errors that may occur during the administration of the competition.
15. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition.