Terms & conditions: AusBT 2016 reader survey competition
Information on how to enter the competition associated with the Australian Business Traveller 2016 Reader Survey, mechanics for entry and the prizes for the competition form part of these terms and conditions. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. Entry is restricted to residents of Australia aged 18 years old or over; staff and immediate family of Australian Business Traveller are not eligible to enter.
2. The competition will run from 12.01am (EST) Friday July 1, 2016 to 11.59pm (EST) Sunday July 17, 2016.
3. Entrants must complete the Australian Business Traveller 2016 Reader Survey, answer the questions "What is the two-letter airline code for Qantas?" and "What is the two-letter airline code for Virgin Australia?", and supply their email address.
4. A total of eight winners will be chosen by Australian Business Traveller and notified by email on Friday July 22, 2016. Their names will be published on the Australian Business Traveller website and Facebook page by Tuesday July 26, 2016.
5. This contest is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. The judges' decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. By entering this contest, each winner agrees that Australian Business Traveller may use their name and photo for publicity purposes. Any such use will be subject at all times to the Privacy Act 1993.
7. Two winners will each receive one (1) World Traveller Plus (Premium Economy) Sydney to London return ticket. Travel is valid on British Airways flights BA11, BA12, BA15 and BA16 only, must be booked no later than 14 days prior to departure and all travel must be completed by 31 December 2016. All taxes and surcharges will be paid by British Airways. Flights are booked in premium economy only, subject to availability and no open dated sectors are permitted. Once the ticket has been issued, a service fee of $A150 will be charged for any changes (seats are subject to availability). The prize does not include connecting flights within Australia, transfers and accommodation, or any other ancillary costs not stated: these are at the winners expense. Travel insurance is not included in the prize, however is strongly recommended. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to hold and carry a valid passport and any necessary visas. Prize travel is subject to British Airways Conditions of Carriage. The successful applicants release Australian Business Traveller and British Airways from any and all causes of action, losses, liability, damage, expense (including legal expenses) cost of charge suffered, sustained or in any way incurred by the winner as a result of any loss or damage to any physical property of the winner, or any injury to or death of any person arising out of, or related to, or in any way connected with the Promoters or the promotion.
8. One winner will receive a pair of Sony EX750NA in-ear noise-cancelling headphones valued at $299.95.
9. Five winners will receive a Bellroy Travel Wallet valued at $159.95.
10. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are non-transferable or exchangeable, non-refundable and not redeemable for cash. Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied.
11. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
12. Australian Business Traveller will not be held accountable by any winner for any expense, loss, damage or injury incurred whilst collecting any, or all of the prize package, whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise. The prize is accepted entirely at the risk of the winner.
13. Australian Business Traveller reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of Australian Business Traveller. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
14. Australian Business Traveller reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the competition at its discretion
15. Australian Business Traveller will not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information concerning the competition or for any technical errors that may occur during the administration of the competition.
16. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition.