Information on how to enter the competition associated with the Australian Business Traveller 2018 Reader Survey, mechanics for entry and the prizes for the competition form part of these terms and conditions. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. Entry is restricted to residents of Australia aged 18 years old or over; staff and immediate family of Australian Business Traveller are not eligible to enter.
2. The competition will run from 12.01am (EST) Monday March 5, 2018 to 11.59pm (EST) Sunday March 18, 2018.
3. Entrants must complete the Australian Business Traveller 2018 Reader Survey, answer the question "What is the two-letter airline code for Singapore Airlines?" and supply their email address.
4. A total of 14 winners will be chosen by Australian Business Traveller and notified by email or text by Monday March 26, 2018, and must respond by Friday March 30, 2018, to claim their prize. Unclaimed prizes will be redrawn. The names of all winners will be published on the Australian Business Traveller website and Facebook page by Friday April 6, 2018.
5. This contest is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. The judges' decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. By entering this contest, each winner agrees that Australian Business Traveller may use their name and photo for publicity purposes. Any such use will be subject at all times to the Privacy Act 1993.
7. One winner will receive one (1) Singapore Airlines business class return ticket, valid for travel between any Singapore Airlines-operated flight from any Australian port serviced by Singapore Airlines, and Singapore. Travel must be booked no later than 14 days prior to departure and all travel must be completed by 31 December 2018. All taxes and surcharges will be paid by Singapore Airlines. Flights will be booked subject to availability, no open dated sectors are permitted, and any changes once the ticket has been issued will be subject to the usual service fees. The prize does not include connecting flights within Australia, transfers and accommodation, or any other ancillary costs not stated: these are at the winner's expense. Travel insurance is not included in the prize, however is strongly recommended. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to hold and carry a valid passport. Prize travel is subject to Singapore Airlines Conditions of Carriage. The successful applicants release Australian Business Traveller and Singapore Airlines from any and all causes of action, losses, liability, damage, expense (including legal expenses) cost of charge suffered, sustained or in any way incurred by the winner as a result of any loss or damage to any physical property of the winner, or any injury to or death of any person arising out of, or related to, or in any way connected with the Promoters or the promotion.
8. Four winners will receive a pair of Sennheiser MB 660 UC MS headphones valued at $649.
9. Four winners will receive a Victorinox Altmont Essential Laptop Backpack valued at $289.
10. Five winners will receive a Bellroy Travel Wallet valued at $165.
11. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are non-transferable or exchangeable, non-refundable and not redeemable for cash. Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied.
12. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
13. Australian Business Traveller will not be held accountable by any winner for any expense, loss, damage or injury incurred whilst collecting any, or all of the prize package, whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise. The prize is accepted entirely at the risk of the winner.
14. Australian Business Traveller reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of Australian Business Traveller. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
15. Australian Business Traveller reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the competition at its discretion
16. Australian Business Traveller will not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information concerning the competition or for any technical errors that may occur during the administration of the competition.
17. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition.