Thai Airways' business class passengers connecting to Europe via Bangkok can now 'book the cook' in advance, choosing their meals for the longer leg of their journey before departure.
The option, officially called "Pre-order Meal Service", has been a popular option for Thai's first class passengers, but is now available in Royal Silk (business) class.
It's only available on departure from Bangkok's main Suvarnabhumi airport to thirteen European cities:
- London (TG910 and TG916)
- Frankfurt (TG920 and TG922)
- Munich (TG 924)
- Paris (TG930 and TG 932)
- Milan (TG940)
- Rome (TG944)
- Athens (TG946)
- Madrid (TG948)
- Copenhagen (TG950)
- Oslo (TG954)
- Stockholm (TG960)
- Zurich (TG970)
- Moscow (TG974)
Your meal options are:
- Beef Steak with Peppercorn Sauce
- Seared Salmon with Taragon Cream Sauce
- Thai Green Curry Kiew Wan (Beef, Chicken or Pork) with Steamed Rice
- Stir-Fried Prawns, Chicken or Pork with Basil/Garlic/Chili and Steamed Rice
- Oriental Roast Duck with Steamed Rice
- Oriental Roast Pork with Yellow Egg Noodles
- Prawn Chu-Chee Curry with Steamed Rice
- Thai Massaman Chicken/Beef Curry with Steamed Rice
The idea -- a real benefit if you want to make sure there'll be something you like on board -- is also available on other airlines, including Singapore Airlines' first and business classes.
It's also useful because, with a pre-ordered meal, you're likely to be served first, leaving more of the flight for getting some sleep or catching up on work.
Meals can be pre-ordered up to 24 hours once you've logged in to your booking at thaiairways.com