Virgin Australia has revealed another perk for its Velocity Frequent Flyer programme – free membership to a golfing club which the airline says "provides a range of highly sought after golfing perks and benefits."
It's a canny move, given the number of club-toting travellers we see at airports and hotels, who always seem to work an afternoon of golf into their schedule.
To quote from Virgin Australia's press release:
Velocity Frequent Flyers can join the new Onsport Golf Club for free. Members are offered a world of golfing benefits and experiences, along with the highly sought after access and entry to the most elite and finest golf courses in Australia.
"It's no secret that many people who travel regularly for business or pleasure are also keen golfers, so we felt that developing a golf club exclusively for Velocity Frequent Flyer was a great fit" explains OnSport co-founder Matt Brodie.
Onsport Golf Club Members will have access to the following benefits:
- Ability to purchase tickets for access to private courses and lessons with PGA Pros
- Receive great offers from the biggest golf brands on golfing equipment, accessories and apparel from brands such as Srixon, Titleist, Callaway, Taylormade and Bolle
- Earn 4 Velocity Points per dollar on all golf club products, experiences and event days
- Buy tickets to participate in Celebrity Golf Days at renowned course such as Royal Pines (QLD), St Michaels (NSW) and Yarra Bend (VIC), hosted by the likes of Ian Healy and friends
- Points can be redeemed for all products, events and experiences offered by the Onsport Golf Club Ability to buy tickets to members only PGA Pro golf clinics across Australia
- Buy experiences such as caddying at a major golf event, or watching from 'inside the ropes'
- Buy entry into the annual Velocity Golf Masters tournament, held at Queensland's Royal Pines course
For more news, reviews and the very latest info for business travellers, follow us on Twitter: we're @AusBT.