Brisbane Airport is currently open, although access to the airport is difficult due to road flooding, authorities have told Australian Business Traveller.
Both the International and Domestic Terminals are operating normally, as are all roads and car parks within the airport. However, road closures in areas around the airport continue to cause problems.
Australian Business Traveller has been updated on road problems by Brisbane Airport representatives. Here's a list of relevant closures:
- Hale Street inbound towards Coronation Drive, Milton Road and Caxton Street
- Queens Wharf Road
- Margaret Street and the Margaret Street on ramp from the Riverside Expressway
- Albert Street
- Alice Street and Albert Street
- Edward Street
- Riverside Expressway Westbound is reduced to one lane. All traffic being diverted at the Elizabeth Street exit
- Go Between Bridge
- Victoria Bridge
- William Jolly Bridge
The airport and Brisbane City Council authorities are directing all queries about specific road closures and conditions to the Department of Main Roads' frequently updated website at www.131940.qld.gov.au
Public transport to and from the airport is severely disrupted.
- Airtrain services started at Brisbane Airport at 11.30 am local time
- Half hourly services will continue until 8.00pm tonight
- Airtrain services will only run between Roma Street Station and Brisbane Airport
- No Gold Coast service will be available today
- All Translink/Airtrain services are free until further notice
- Taxis are available at both airport terminals
For updates on the public transport situation, visit www.translink.com.au
Coachtrans will be operating services on demand between Brisbane Airport and the city until 7pm provided the high tide does not affect any additional roads this afternoon. Normal Coachtrans services will run to the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast. Coachtrans can be contacted on 1300 664 700 (Gold Coast local call charge) or 03 3358 9700 (national call charge)
Australian Business Traveller's continuing flood coverage
Travel plans around Brisbane or the affected areas? We've contacted all airlines flying to and from Brisbane to find out which airlines are waiving change fees for Brisbane flights.
Will your credit card travel insurance cover changes and lost luggage? Check out our full insurance coverage.