Member since 21 Apr 2012
Total posts 2,059
Darwin Airport Layout.
For those experienced with Darwin airport, could you please assist me with the following queries:
1) My reading of the DRW airport map suggest that it is similar to ADL, where QF lounge access is provided pre-Border Force. Is this accurate?
2) Does DRW Border Force operate Express Lanes like MEL or SYD for security clearance & immigration clearance at departure? If so, who gives out those Express Passes?
3) Assuming eligible and travelling on QF from another domestic port e.g. MEL or SYD, would QF give out Express Passes for DRW when connecting onto a JQ or QF flight (operated by Air North) international flight?
4) At present, which lounge does MH use for DRW? It seems the only lounge is the QC in the domestic area?
5) How convenient is the walk from the domestic to international departure areas on first floor? Would the Express pass as described in (2) and (3) above assist?
6) How long are the queues for security and immigration given that the international destinations are only SIN, KUL, DPS, MNL and DIL, where only narrow-body aircraft are operated? Excuse my ignorance if PR in fact operates a different type of aircraft to MNL.
Qantas - Qantas Frequent Flyer
Member since 21 Jan 2014
Total posts 250
1. Yes and the new QC is a good one, very big.
2. No, not to my knowledge but it may have changed with changes just completed.
3. I wouldn't think so, I have mixed QF and AIrnorth and except for handling your bags they don't interact much.
4. A virgin lounge just opened 6 weeks ago but hours are restricted, unsure of MH, never used them.
5. Short stroll, 100 metres tops.
6. Normally not an issue,
Thank you GBRGB!
Brevity bodes well with you!
Member since 23 Oct 2013
Total posts 768
MH being a Oneworld airline has access to the Qantas Lounge
Pax from TL (When booked on QF Code), MH, JQ, PR and QF will be allowed to access the QF Lounge which is located in the domestic section
There is no Express Pass lane and its not really needed just note that the "International section" is not opened until around 1 hour prior to depature unless their is a flight before yours the queue may strech out the door and look really long but thats becasue they haven't started processesing. If that is the case then just wait and go through last if your in the domestic terminal area or the lounge you won't miss your flight as the whole terminal is around 200m from one end to the other and one can see from the international section into the domestic section and vice versa.
When there are no international flights they open the glass doors which allow those gates to be used for domestic flights.
Thank you henrus!
Member since 03 Jul 2011
Total posts 85
QF Darwin has strange operating times:
05:00 to 07:00, 10:30 to 14:30, 18:30 to 20:00, 22:00 to 00:30 when QF829 is operating.
I rang them once to ask about access for a DRW-ADL flight and they said "hmm maybe, depends on the night"
QF* should be QC
Hi Guest, join in the discussion on
Darwin Airport Layout.
Already have an ET account? Log in below.
Signing up with Executive Traveller only takes a second and lets you
interact with our community. It's completely free and we'll never pass your information on to
Didn’t receive an activation email? Resend one to yourself here.
If you’ve forgotten your password, simply enter your email address
below, then click 'Submit'. We’ll send you an email to re-activate your account and enter a new password.
If you have not received the activation email, simply enter your email address below, then click 'Submit'. We’ll send you an email containing the activation link.
Subscribe to our free newsletter and get the latest news, reviews, tips and more sent straight to your inbox