Hong Kong's airport has reopened for transit passengers, but the territory's borders will remain closed to foreign visitors until late September.
Secretary for Food and Health Sophia Chan said on Tuesday that the current ban – introduced on March 23 initially for 14 days, and then extended until later this month – would now remain in place through to September 18.
Social distancing measures in the city will also be extended. The move comes after a surge in local infections, sparking fears of another community outbreak.
All arrivals at the airport continue to be required to attend the nearby AsiaWorld Expo site for COVID-19 testing, before proceeding to their home for a mandatory 14-day quarantine period.
As previously reported, travellers are now permitted to transferring from one flight to the next at Hong Kong airport, however they need to have been "checked through at the origin port and take transit/transfer flights operated by the same airline group," the airport authority says.
There can also be no more than eight hours between inbound and outbound flights, and transits are not permitted to or from destinations in mainland China.
More to follow...