Virgin Australia is dangling Double Status Credits to spark a rush of flight bookings through to the middle of 2022.
That double serve of Status Credits will of course fast-track a frequent flyer's trajectory to Velocity Silver, Gold or Platinum, locking in a raft of practical benefits once lockdowns and border closures are behind us and domestic travel returns to relatively normal.
"By giving our members twice as many status credits on their next booking, they'll have even more chances to retain and even increase their membership tier, knowing there's more travel opportunities on the horizon," said a Virgin Australia Group spokesperson.
So what are the details?
- Double Status Credits are available on all domestic Virgin Australia flights and fares except for the cheapest Getaway fares
- This applies to all new bookings made from today until midnight (AEST) on Tuesday 10 August 2021, although you must first register at this page with your Velocity Frequent Flyer number to activate the deal
- The bookings themselves can be for flights through to 28 June, 2022 – that's a solid ten months away, so plenty of time to plan forward travel for both work and holidays
If you're wondering how the Silver and Gold tiers of Virgin's Velocity Frequent Flyer Program stack up against their Qantas Frequent Flyer equivalents, Executive Traveller has already done the sums:
- Silver shootout: Qantas vs Virgin Australia
- Going for Gold? How Qantas Gold and Virgin Australia Velocity Gold compare