Photos: Etihad opens new business, first class lounge in Los Angeles
Etihad Airways’ business class and first class passengers travelling from Los Angeles to Abu Dhabi can now relax and unwind in an all-new ‘Premium Lounge’, located within the Tom Bradley International Terminal at LAX.
Once inside, guests will find the lounge divided into distinct zones linked by a central walkway, with décor drawing inspiration from the geometric patterns of Abu Dhabi’s modern architecture and desert landscape:
Among them: a dining room which overlooks the terminal’s departures area and brings in plenty of natural light…
… with a variety of dishes served straight to your seat from an à la carte menu:
Guests with less time on their hands or who prefer to serve themselves will also find buffet counters nearby with a variety of fresh fruits and snacks…
… while the highlight for many will be Etihad’s showcase bar:
As you’d also find in Etihad’s new Melbourne Premium Lounge, bartenders here can mix up your favourite drink or cocktail…
… which you can enjoy at the bar or indeed within any of the lounge’s other zones, such as the relaxation space behind the dining room…
… the TV ‘lounging’ area…
… or in what we’d describe as a reading corner, yet with another TV:
Those last two zones are right next to each other, cleverly divided by a stylised glass panel:
Etihad shares that “a separate VIP area can also be made available when required”, with all guests enjoying access to pre-flight shower facilities and complimentary wireless Internet.
In addition to Etihad’s business class and first class passengers, the lounge also welcomes:
- Etihad Guest Silver, Gold and Platinum members travelling to Abu Dhabi.
- Gold and Platinum frequent flyers of 'Etihad Airways Partner' airlines (such as Airberlin), also when flying to Abu Dhabi on Etihad's daily EY170 flight.
- Alitalia business class guests and Alitalia MilleMiglia Freccia Alata Club, Freccia Alata Plus Club and Freccia Alata Plus Per Sempre cardholders prior to Alitalia flight AZ621 to Rome.
- Virgin Australia Velocity Gold and Platinum cardholders prior to Etihad Airways flights to Abu Dhabi only.
From December 19 2016, this lounge also welcomes:
- Virgin Australia business class guests bound for Sydney and Brisbane
- Virgin Australia Velocity Platinum members prior to Virgin Australia flights
Velocity Gold members continue to use the Star Alliance Business Class Lounge at LAX before returning home on Virgin Australia.
Also read: Etihad opens new first class lounge in Abu Dhabi
Follow Australian Business Traveller on Twitter: we're @AusBT
Hi Guest, join in the discussion on Photos: Etihad opens new business, first class lounge in Los Angeles
Qantas - Qantas Frequent Flyer
21 Aug 2014
Total posts 506
Doesn't look really big judging from the pictures but I like how they have used the limited space!
Qantas - Qantas Frequent Flyer
10 Mar 2016
Total posts 2
Spent a couple of hours in this lounge last week waiting for a Virgin A. flight to Sydney. Have to say space is very tight. There are plenty of business class seats on VA's 777 and so this lounge was at full capacity as departure time arrived. Also with only one shower, had to put my name on a list to make sure I had one before boarding. Nice food and drinks options but not a spare seat in the house.