Sydney Airport celebrates coffee with funky brews, tasting events
Travellers passing through Sydney Airport this month can enjoy a range of specialty coffee drinks and treats as part of its month-long Joy of Coffee campaign.
With a range of tasty treats on the side, travellers can also win a trip to Rome – one of the world’s coffee and espresso capitals.
“We serve more than 63,000 cups of coffee a week – 44 per cent of which are served before 9am each day,” said Glyn Williams, Sydney Airport’s General Manager Retail.
“Our 43 coffee retailers alone across T1 and T2 go through more than 75,000 kilos of coffee each year, so we’re confident that we are Australia’s busiest coffee precinct and we invite other retail destinations to challenge our claim.”
Celebrating the airport’s assertion as Australia’s busiest coffee hub, Sydney Airport retailers have given their menus an extra shot of espresso this month. Here’s what you’ll find:
- Sparkling long black – espresso poured over San Pellegrino sparkling water and ice, available at Danks Street Depot and Caviar House & Prunier in T1
- Affogato – a scoop of vanilla gelato topped with a shot of hot espresso served with biscotti, on offer at Rossini, Gelateria and Bar Coluzzi in T1 and Quikshots and MoVida in T2
- Coconut mocha – espresso with coconut syrup and white chocolate sprinkled with desiccated coconut, found exclusively at Toby's Estate in T2
- Chai-cino – an aromatic chai-infused cappuccino topped with cinnamon or chocolate, now at Viaggio in T1
- Coffee milkshakes appear on the menu at Trattoria in T1
- Coopers Espresso Martini – mixed up by the award-winning Coopers Alehouse exclusively for the Joy of Coffee campaign
- $1 coffee for all travellers in both T1 and T2 from August 12-18 at Krispy Kreme
If you’d like to discover the perfect cuppa for your tastes, kill a little time before your international flight by stopping past the Santos pop-up coffee cart in T1 before August 29.
Or, if you’re flying domestically with Virgin Australia, Jetstar, Rex or Tigerair, Hudsons Coffee is celebrating its first birthday at the T2 domestic terminal on August 18 with a series of coffee tastings, which is when it also expects to serve up its 100,000th cup of java.
Wherever jetsetters find their well-bodied espresso, uploading a photo of that perfect cup to the competition app on the Sydney Airport Facebook page could net a $5,000 Flight Centre voucher – enough to cover that trip to Rome.
Frequent travellers can enter a new photo in the competition for judging up to once per day, while the person with the highest-voted snap can also win a Nespresso Pixie machine or a Visa gift card.
Follow Australian Business Traveller on Twitter: we're @AusBT
Hi Guest, join in the discussion on Sydney Airport celebrates coffee with funky brews, tasting events
Qantas - Qantas Frequent Flyer
17 Aug 2012
Total posts 2212
I think these jazzed-up coffees aren't quite my cup of- oh, never mind.
It looks to be a good promotion, drumming up support and hype for the rather expensive coffees in T1 and T2 (bar Krispy Kreme et al).