Virgin Australia has joined Qantas in offering frequent flyers a double serve of points over the coming week.
The deal is open to all 4.5 million members of Virgin's Velocity Frequent Flyer program and covers all domestic and international flights carrying a VA flight number.
However, they also have to be operated by Virgin Australia – which means that codeshares on the likes of Air New Zealand, Etihad and Singapore Airlines will earn only the standard number of Velocity points.
The rest of the details are pretty straightforward:
1. Click through to the Velocity Double Points page and register with your Velocity number
2. Make your booking no later than 11.59pm on Saturday 13 September 2014
3. The actual dates of travel must be from 15 September 2014 through to 26 March 2015.
As with the Qantas double points promo, only the base points – not bonuses according to your frequent flyer status – are doubled.
More of the latest Virgin Australia new from AusBT
- Virgin Australia reveals new menu for airport lounges
- Virgin Australia: new lounges coming for Perth, Darwin in 2015
- Virgin Australia's new Mandarina Duck amenity kits with REN skincare
- Virgin Australia confirms new domestic, international business class
Follow Australian Business Traveller on Twitter: we're @AusBT