The Qantas Business Rewards Program is a great opportunity for business owners to earn Qantas Points for their business, streamline their business travel management, and at the same time get access to exclusive Member savings.
The sign-up process is simple – just plug in your business details (including your ABN), and start earning points for your business right away.
This article is sponsored by Qantas
Savings from the program are immediate, as you’ll instantly have access to a 5% discount on eligible airfares without any minimum spend required. The more you spend and fly, the more you save, with discounts rising to 8% on eligible airfares, plus a 2% discount on selected Red e-Deals.
Qantas Points for your business
For eligible airfares booked with your Qantas Business Rewards account, your business will earn Qantas Points on top of the Qantas Points and Status Credits that your employees earn as Qantas Frequent Flyer members.
The amount of points your business earns depends on which membership level you have.
When starting out with the program, your business will earn 20% of the amount of Qantas Points earned by Qantas Frequent Flyers on every eligible flight, going up to 40% when you’re earning 100,000 or more Qantas Points in each membership year.
Once you’ve built your points balance to 3,000 points, you can transfer Qantas Points earned for the business into any Qantas Frequent Flyer account, so that you can reward yourself or your team. Those points can then be redeemed for upgrades, flights, or over 7,000 items from the online Qantas Store.
There’s also the added benefit of receiving a 10% discount on Qantas Club membership for your employees.
Streamline your business travel
The Qantas Business Rewards program also allows you to streamline your business travel management.
Your personal dashboard allows you to quickly book flights for multiple travellers at the same time, while ensuring you get the best flight deal. Learn more about how to use the new online booking tool here. Alternatively, you can continue booking through your preferred travel agent if you prefer.
How much can you save?
You can use the points calculator to see how you can maximise your potential points earnings through the Qantas Business Rewards program.
For example, a business that is a Level 2 Qantas Business Rewards Member spending $20,000 a month on a Qantas Points earning credit card, taking a domestic flight for business every month or two and a couple of international trips to Asia could earn your business enough points for an Economy return trip to New York or Hong Kong**.
Turn your business expenses into Qantas Points
The Qantas Business Rewards Program also allows you to earn Qantas Points on more than 50 everyday business expenses - a full list of ways to earn points can be found here, but we’ve outlined some of the best opportunities below:
- Dell: offers 3 Qantas Points per $1 spent on all products purchased from dell.com/au/business
- Samsung: offers 3 Qantas Points per $1 spent across their entire range of products sold directly by Samsung or by any Australian retailer (either online or instore), plus 20,000 bonus Qantas Points on selected Galaxy S8 and S8+ smartphones purchased before 31 August 2017 and up to 100,000 bonus Qantas Points on eligible QLED TVs purchased before 1 October 2017.
- Car hire: Both Avis and Budget car hire offer 4 Qantas Points per $1 spent by the business, on top of the 4 Qantas Points per $1 earned by the person hiring
- Caltex StarCard: offers 1 Qantas Point for every 1 litre of Vortex Premium fuel, or every 2 litres of regular fuel, plus 1 Qantas Point for every $1 spent on most in store items and servicing.
This article is sponsored by Qantas
About Qantas Business Rewards
Qantas Business Rewards - rewarding the spirit of Australian business with points in the air and on the ground. You can earn points twice when you fly: once for the business and once for the individual Qantas Frequent Flyer member. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program to earn Qantas Points, see Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions. The more a Member flies, the greater the savings on flights and they can earn points on everyday business expenses with more than 50 program partners. Once points have been transferred to an individual Qantas Frequent Flyer account, members have a wide variety of ways they can use their points from flights and hotel stays to office essentials.
* Estimated average Qantas Points earned in the example are calculated by taking the average Qantas Points earned by a Bronze member in the respective fare classes including; Discount Economy, Economy, Flexible Economy, Premium Economy, Premium Flexible Economy and Business Class fares (Booking classes N, O, Q, K, L, M, S, V, B, H, Y, T, R, D, I), then applying a rate of 30% to the average Qantas Points earned for that return flight. Average Qantas Points earn is accurate as at 24 January 2017. Refer to Airline Earn Table for exact earn rates by fare type. Maximum Qantas Points that can be earned by a business each membership year is 1,000,000.
** A Classic Flight Reward from Sydney to Hong Kong return requires 56,000 points and $323.82 in taxes, fees and carrier charges and from Sydney to New York return requires 120,000 points and $562.22 in taxes, fees and carrier charges. Qantas Points quoted are accurate as at 18 August 2017 but may vary at the time of booking. Classic Flight Rewards are available on Qantas, Jetstar and partner airlines. Classic Flight Reward seats are subject to capacity controls, availability is limited and some flights may not have any Classic Flight Rewards available. Taxes, fees and carrier charges are payable by an Accepted Payment Card in addition to the points required on Classic Flight Rewards. These are quoted at the time of booking and are subject to change. See Classic Flight Rewards for more details.