Looking to jet off to Bali or Jakarta this year? Garuda Indonesia is giving Australians more chances to do just that, boosting flights from both Sydney and Melbourne from April.
All departures are on the SkyTeam members’ Airbus A330s, which are fitted with 36 lie-flat business class seats in a passenger-friendly 1-2-1 layout – specifically, the Super Diamond design from Collins Aerospace.
Jakarta is the most straightforward change, increasing from three to four days per week as follows come April 6:
- GA 713 sees wheels up from Sydney at 11:45am, arriving in Jakarta at 4:30pm.
- GA 712 jets off from Jakarta at 10:55pm and lands in Sydney at 9:45am the following day.
- GA 717 from Melbourne takes off at 4:30pm, touching down in Jakarta at 7:45pm.
- GA 716 out of Jakarta departs at 1:55am, landing in Melbourne at 12:15pm the same day.
Bali flights will initially see a staged increase to five days per week as follows from June 17, before ramping up to daily on July 6.
For Sydney, that means:
- GA 715 jets off from Sydney at 10am and arrives in Denpasar at 2:35pm.
- GA 714 from Denpasar takes wing at 11:25pm, landing in Sydney at 7:10am the following day.
And as for Melbourne, flight will jet off as below:
- GA 719 sees wheels up from Tullamarine at 7am and wheels down in Bali at 11:05am.
- GA 718 bids farewell to Bali at 10:05pm, landing in Melbourne at 5:30am the next morning.
Note, daylight savings time ends in both Sydney and Melbourne on April 7 before resuming once again on October 6.