Although many Australians can’t travel right now, Qantas is encouraging frequent flyers to look beyond lockdown with an offer of triple points on new travel bookings.
Covering Qantas flights across Australia and New Zealand, members will pocket at least 2,400 Qantas Points per one-way flight, as well as earning triple points on Qantas Hotel bookings, Avis car hire, and packages from Qantas Holidays.
Qantas Frequent Flyer cardholders must register for this offer, and then make a new booking between July 22-27 2021 (inclusive), for travel from July 28 2021 through until June 30 2022.
For those inclined to plan ahead, the offer could potentially serve up triple points on all your travel for the rest of the financial year.
“It’s a really challenging time for many Australians as we navigate these latest outbreaks, but we know planning holidays and family reunions brings a lot of excitement and gives people something to look forward to,” acknowledges Qantas Chief Customer Officer, Stephanie Tully.
“This is one of our biggest-ever offers and we hope it will inspire travellers to start planning their next holiday to reconnect with loved ones around Australia and across the Tasman.”
How many Qantas Points could you earn?
With Qantas’ offer of triple points, here’s what that looks like in real numbers.
- Qantas economy flights: With triple points, pocket at least 2,400 Qantas Points one-way – that’s at least 4,800 Qantas Points on every return trip – versus the usual minimum guarantee of 800 Qantas Points per flight.
- Qantas business class flights: You’ll earn no fewer than 4,200 Qantas Points every time you fly business class under this offer, being three times the usual minimum of 1,400 Qantas Points. That’s at least 8,400 Qantas Points per return business class trip.
- Qantas Hotels: Scoop up nine Qantas Points per $1 spent on hotels and resorts in Australia and New Zealand, versus the standard three Qantas Points per $1 spent. Airbnb bookings excluded.
- Qantas Car Hire: Collect 12 Qantas Points per $1 spent with Avis – usually four Qantas Points per dollar.
- Qantas Holidays: Reel in nine Qantas Points per $1 spent (normally three Qantas Points per $1 spent) when booking a combined flight and hotel package.
Separately, travellers booking hotel ‘Luxury Offers’ through the Qantas website will earn an elevated nine Qantas Points per $1 spent during the same booking and travel dates, being a 50% boost on the usual earn rate of six Qantas Points per $1 spent.
Those reserving Qantas domestic and trans-Tasman flights also remain entitled to unlimited fee-free date changes, when booking and travelling prior to February 28 2022.
This waiver is most beneficial for those booking domestic Red eDeal economy tickets, on which a $99 change fee would normally apply.
Any fare difference remains payable when switching flights – but only applies where the desired flight is more expensive than the departure already purchased.