Qantas will light the marketing touchpaper for its Airbus A330 Business Suite this weekend with the debut of a 30 second TV commercial running on SBS TV and selected pay TV channels.
While the spot is set in the spacious lie-flat Business Suite (shown below) it also spruiks the inflight entertainment, a Neil Perry meal at the Qantas lounge plus the seat's ability to recline for take-off and landing.
AusBT review: The Qantas Airbus A330 Business Suite
According to media and marketing site Mumbrella "the campaign is complemented by street furniture and selected airport holdings", meaning you can expect to see a lot of this spot in the weeks and months ahead.
Those wheels start to spin as Qantas adds a second upgraded A330 onto its Sydney-Perth and Melbourne-Perth roster, with Sydney-Singapore and Melbourne-Singapore flights due for a daily Business Suite service by April.
Earlier this week Virgin Australia revealed that the launch of its competing A330 business class seat (seen below) has been pushed back to mid-year, although the challenger plans a fast rollout schedule with all six A330s in its fleet due to be fitted with the new seat by the end of August.
- Full review: the Qantas Airbus A330 Business Suite
- 10 things you didn't know about the new Qantas Business Suite
- Up close with Qantas' next-gen business class
- Best seats: Qantas A330-200 domestic Business Suite business class
- Best seats: Qantas A330-300 international Business Suite international business class
Follow Australian Business Traveller on Twitter: we're @AusBT