Virgin Australia has released four new adverts this morning to celebrate -- and advertise -- its new name. It's just part of the airline's big "New Virgin" effort today, and you can get the full story by following the links at the bottom of this article.
The first ad is a snappy, punchy and energetic teaser -- and Australian Business Traveller understands it will be shown on TV tonight.
It starts off with a passenger driving across the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge, being passed a folio -- probably at the drive-in check-in counter at Sydney -- and striding through a mockup of a hangar or terminal under construction, complete with aircraft cabin models.
Take a close look at the video in high-def for sneak peeks of the new aircraft mockups and seats.
He's joined by dozens of Virgin Australia staff on his way through the terminal/hangar.
And it all ends up with some air-to-air shots of the new A330s -- and a promise "to put the magic back into flying".
The ad's remarkably reminiscent of Virgin Atlantic's "Feeling Good" spot, which are set to the Muse cover of the classic "Feeling Good":
Virgin Australia also has three interesting backgrounder videos up.
Project Runway winner Julie Grbac discusses her new Virgin Australia uniforms:
Celebrity chef Luke Mangan talks in-flight food:
Branding expert Hans Hulbosch tells more about how he created the Virgin Australia brand:
This is just part of Australian Business Traveller's comprehensive coverage of Virgin Australia's launch day:
- Touchdown! Virgin Australia's first landings at Sydney Airport
- New Airbus A330 and Boeing 737 planes, plus what the new offerings mean for business travellers
- Full analysis of the decision to rebrand all the Virgin Blue group airlines (including V Australia, Pacific Blue and Polynesian Blue) as Virgin Australia
- Our interview with Richard Branson about business travel
- Punchy, fresh new ads for Virgin Australia, plus interviews with uniform designer Julie Grbac, inflight chef Luke Mangan and brand guru Hans Hulbosch
- The very first on-board photos from Virgin Australia's new Boeing 737-800 in Business and Economy
- Insider photos from the launch day with Richard Branson and John Borghetti