Member since 26 May 2012
Total posts 131
Singapore for a weekend âÂ any suggestions?
Qantas - Qantas Frequent Flyer
Member since 17 Aug 2012
Total posts 1,285
Member since 02 Dec 2011
Total posts 26
Um, as in what to do in Singapore for a weekend?
Quite a bit...
1. Eat. Anywhere, anytime. A real foodie paradise.
2. Shop. Lots of retail along Orchard road, otherwise lots of malls. Both of the mixed retail type, as well as focussed items (electronics, sporting gear, come to mind)
3. check out altitude rooftop bar - highest place in Singapore, great for a sightsee and drink
4. Gardens by the Bay. A truly amazing place, loved it
5. Singapore Zoo
6. If going with kiddies, then Sentosa island with their theme parks and good family orientated hotels
7. Little India. A real gem with colours, smells, tastes and culture clash
8. Peranakan museum. It's small, somewhat out of the way, but delightful in describing the Chinese-Malay-Straits culture that settled in Sg and created much of its current beliefs, food, and outlook. It was multiculturalism from the 1600s
9. book into a ferrari for a circuit around Marina Bay. I havent done this myself but it sounds like a blast
10. Repeat 1.
Member since 23 Aug 2012
Total posts 88
Adding to pt 3 from OzKids: There are quite a number of bars/ clubs at Marina Bay Sands as well. Ku De Ta is pretty nice with sweeping views of the Singapore skyline. Drinks are quite dear but it's well worth the view.
If you are into Asian seafood and other local delights, Newton Food Centre located near the Newton MRT (subway station) have quite a number of stalls offering pretty good selection of food at great prices.
Member since 11 Jan 2013
Total posts 179
Ku De Ta is good but there is another bar which is on the top on 1 Raffles Place in Downtown called 1 Altitude. A better veiw than KTD some of my friends who are locals say.
If you're willing to try local food in local settings, try the Bedok town centre food centre. It's accessible from Bedok MRT station, and has excellent pickings of local delights and is open all day. It's currently surrounded by redevelopment, though, which makes for slightly awkward navigation.
Member since 04 Sep 2012
Total posts 70
Difficult question as we don’t know your likes and dislikes! Here’s my favourite for dinner if that helps. Changi Village for seafood dinner. There’s a great choice of mostly outdoor dining: simple and reasonably priced, but great food with fresh air and not touristy. Like anywhere in SIN, get there very early on Saturdays. If you want an interesting tour through the area, go by MRT to Tanah Merah, then take the no. 2 bus to Changi Village. Catch a taxi back to your hotel. Nearby Changi Point has a nice park area for a stroll before dinner, good for watching aircraft arrivals, if the wind is in the right direction.
Member since 29 Jun 2013
Total posts 317
Try the night zoo or have breakfast with the orangitangs as Singapore's zoo is one of the worlds best
Member since 24 Apr 2013
Total posts 36
Love the Sing weekend.
1. Cocktails at Raffles or the new Marina Bay Sands
2. Singapore Zoo night safari
3. Lunch in Little India (Serangoon Rd.)
4. Dinner in Clarke Quay or Holland Village
5. Shopping - so many places, I can't begin to list them
6. Sentosa, only if you have kids or lots of spare time, but I doubt it if you do #1 - #5.
Member since 18 Jan 2012
Total posts 40
A few drinks at Screening Room!
Hi Guest, join in the discussion on
Singapore for a weekend â€“Â any suggestions?
Already have an ET account? Log in below.
Signing up with Executive Traveller only takes a second and lets you
interact with our community. It's completely free and we'll never pass your information on to
Didn’t receive an activation email? Resend one to yourself here.
If you’ve forgotten your password, simply enter your email address
below, then click 'Submit'. We’ll send you an email to re-activate your account and enter a new password.
If you have not received the activation email, simply enter your email address below, then click 'Submit'. We’ll send you an email containing the activation link.
Subscribe to our free newsletter and get the latest news, reviews, tips and more sent straight to your inbox