Looking to stretch your business travel budget further? Virgin Australia’s ‘accelerate’ program offers many benefits to businesses, ranging from discounts on selected flights and travel credits through to cut-price Virgin Australia Lounge memberships and a fast-track to Velocity Pilot Gold for you and your employees*.
There’s no fee to join Virgin Australia accelerate, and your road warriors continue to earn their own Velocity Frequent Flyer Points and Status Credits - even on discounted flights1.
This article is sponsored by Virgin Australia
With the addition of Singapore Airlines, as well as global coverage with partner airlines Air New Zealand, Delta Air Lines and Etihad Airways, the Virgin Australia accelerate program now covers the vast majority of popular business travel destinations from Australia – so if you’ve got an ABN and your business is registered through ASIC, it’s the perfect time to join the program.
Unlike a frequent flyer scheme that requires you to earn points before reaping the rewards, the Virgin Australia accelerate program provides compelling benefits as soon you join up – namely, discounts of up to 10% on a wide range of fares and fare classes, and sometimes even more during promotional periods2.
The discounts are dependent on the airline you’re flying, as well as your destination and your fare booking class. For domestic flights booked in the Business Saver fare class of D, you’ll get a 10% year-round discount, and for those booking in Economy Freedom (booking classes L, K, H, B, Y) there’s a 5% year-round discount2.
If you’re travelling further afield, international long haul flights booked on a Virgin Australia ticket codesharing with Etihad Airways or Delta Air Lines will net you a 10% saving on Business Saver fares in ‘I’ and ‘D’ fare classes, as well as in the Premium Saver ‘O’ class. In addition, Virgin Australia tickets codesharing with Singapore Airlines or Hong Kong Airlines will receive a 10% discount in ‘C’ and ‘J’ classes in Business, as well as Business Saver fares in ‘I’ and ‘D’ fare classes. For a full breakdown of the flight discounts on offer, click here.
Fast Tracked Gold Status, Travel Credits
Instant flight discounts aren’t the only benefit of the Virgin Australia accelerate program - spend at least $2,000 on eligible flights in the first three months (including on discounted tickets) and you’ll receive two trial Velocity Pilot Gold Memberships3 – giving you and one other person instant Gold frequent flyer status to trial.
That brings about a number of perks, including increased baggage allowance, Priority Check-in and Priority Boarding, Virgin Australia Lounge access and 75% more points on Virgin Australia flights3, without taking the usual path from Red to Silver to Gold.
Trial Velocity Pilot Gold Memberships lasts for three months and if you earn at least 80 Status Credits during that time and take at least one VA-coded flight, that’s pushed out to an entire year. Earning 80 Status Credits can be achieved with a single return domestic Business Saver fare flight, 2 return domestic Freedom fare flights, or 3 return domestic Elevate flights.
The Virgin Australia accelerate program also offers travel credits4 - spend a minimum of $20,000 each year on flights and you’ll receive 2% back in the form of a $400 travel credit, with travel credits going all the way up to 5% when spending $250,000/year. Your annual travel credit expenditure is calculated on base fare for flights taken with Virgin Australia, Air New Zealand, Delta Air Lines, and Etihad Airways, and you’ll need to make sure you book through the Virgin Australia accelerate program and that your flight has a ‘VA’ designator.
More Destinations Than Ever
With no joining fees or ongoing membership fees, the Virgin Australia accelerate program is an easy way to instantly save money on your flights and gain a huge number of benefits with minimal expenditure – and with a dedicated account management team to help you manage your business travel, it’s the perfect time to sign up.
* Terms and conditions apply. Virgin Australia accelerate terms and conditions apply, available here. Defined terms below have the same meaning as in accelerate terms and conditions.
1. The Velocity Membership terms and conditions apply, available here.
2. Fare Advantage discounts are available to all registered Virgin Australia accelerate clients. All flights must be booked via the Virgin Australia Corporate Portal or a registered self-ticketing Travel Management Company and are not available via the Virgin Australia public website. Fare Advantage discounts do not apply to any bookings made via the Virgin Australia conference and group travel area and cannot be combined with any other unpublished fares and promotional fares. Fare Advantage discounts will not be applied to sale fares or other tactical fares Virgin Australia offers from time to time, if you have any questions please contact the accelerate team. Fare Advantage discounts are available on all domestic, Trans Tasman, International short-haul and International long-haul flights operated by Virgin Australia or codeshare services operated by Air New Zealand, Delta Air Lines, Etihad Airways and Singapore Airlines flights sold with the “VA” designator. Fare Advantage discounts apply to base fares. Fare Advantage discounts are limited and do not apply to all fare classes. Fare Advantage discounts are located here.
3. 2 trial Pilot Gold Memberships of Velocity Frequent Flyer is provided when the minimum $2,000 (calculated on base fare only) flown spend is reached within the first 3 months of your Virgin Australia accelerate membership commencement located here, as amended from time to time. Priority Check-in and Priority Boarding available at selected ports only. Please refer here for a list of ports where Priority Boarding is available. Complimentary Virgin Australia Lounge entry is subject to the Virgin Australia Lounge terms and conditions and the Virgin Australia Lounge Rules available here. For full baggage allowance details visit here. See here for full terms and conditions.
4. Minimum $20,000 annual base fare expenditure level to receive or continue to receive accelerate annual travel credits. Excludes services operated by Singapore Airlines. Eligible services which contribute to eligible expenditure means flights sold with the “VA” designator and which are operated by Virgin Australia or by Air New Zealand, Delta Air Lines, Etihad Airways and codeshare services operated by other airlines as notified by us in writing. Eligible services exclude services operated under the “VA” designator on routes to Cocos Island, Christmas Island or any other routes we advise you of in writing during the term of your accelerate agreement. Maximum travel credit (GST) amount which can be achieved is $15,000 per annum.