Latest update: 11am, Friday July 1Qantas has now resumed trans-Tasman services to and from New Zealand at 12pm (NZT) today following the clearing of the ash cloud from Chile's Puyehue-Cordon Caulle volcano.Air New Zealand and Virgin Australia's Pacific Blue flights continue to operate as normal.All other Australian domestic and most international services are back to schedule, but keep an eye on our @AusBT Twitter channel – and that of your airline, as listed below – for the very latest updates.Qantas
- All Australian domestic flights are running as normal, albeit with the possibility of "minor delays" across the whole network
- Australia-New Zealand 'trans-Tasman' flights are returning to schedule
- Sydney-Auckland-Los Angeles flight QF25 will also run on schedule.
- Sydney-Auckland flight QF321 and Auckland-Sydney flight QF322 remains suspended until further notice, as these are codeshare services operated by LAN Airlines on its Santiago services. LAN is temporarily rerouting those flights via Papeete in French Polynesia to avoid the ashcloud east of New Zealand airspace.
- The Sydney-Santiago flights on LAN have a special flight (LA804) departing Sydney at 2.50pm and arriving in Santiago at 9.20pm on an ad hoc basis. Qantas has been directing customers to contact LAN for details.
- Sydney-Buenos Aires flight QF17 and Buenos-Aires-Sydney flight QF18 from Monday have been delayed by several days, with the Wednesday flight already delayed 28 hours. QF18 will be stopping in Papeete until further notice.
- Sydney-Johannesburg flight QF63 is stopping in Perth for fuel, and has been taking several hours longer as a result.
Includes V Australia, Polynesian Blue, Pacific Blue.
- All Australian mainland domestic flights and Trans-Tasman NZ services are expected to run to schedule.
Updates from Virgin Australia are posted on the @VirginAustralia Twitter channel.
- Australian domestic flights are expected to run as per schedule with "minor delays"
- Queenstown, Christchurch and Wellignton flights are all cancelled until noon local time (10am Sydney) for Friday; Jetstar has yet to issue an update but is likely to follow Qantas' lead in resuming services.
- Other New Zealand domestic, trans-Tasman and international flights will run.
Updates from Jetstar are posted on the @JetstarNews Twitter channel, and usually follow the same line as Qantas' cancellations.
Air New Zealand
- NZ domestic and trans-Tasman flights: all flights are operating as per schedule
Updates from Air New Zealand are posted on the @FlyAirNZ Twitter channel.
Refunds and rebookings
For details of each airline's refund and rebooking policy due to the ash cloud flight cancellations, see our summary here.