100,000 Bonus Qantas Points - ANZ Frequent Flyer Black
100,000 bonus Qantas Points and $200 back to your new card. Minimum spend. T&Cs apply. Click here. Click here to apply.
Cathay Pacific is upgrading its inflight meals on flights between Australia and Hong Kong, introducing what the airline calls 'Signature Chinese Dishes' for business, premium economy and economy class passengers.
The dishes "feature Hong Kong specialities, authentic Chinese recipes and traditional tastes", according to the airline, and "capture the true essence of traditional local Chinese cuisine in terms of cooking style, ingredients, taste and appearance."
The meals will be offered during lunch and dinner on Cathay's flights to Australia, Europe, North America and Johannesburg, and will include new tableware – such as rice served in a traditional rice bowl in business class, and the main's hot entree presented in a china serving dish in the premium economy cabin.
Six signature Chinese meals are on the menu through to the end of October.
In business and premium economy these include Hong Kong-style curry prawns...
... and slow-cooked pork with preserved Hakka mustard greens.
The next menu rotation will include wok-fried prawns with ginger and shallot for business class.
Back in economy, travellers can tuck into braised beef in chu hou sauce on steamed jasmine rice...
... braised fish with ginger, spring onion, mushroom and steamed jasmine rice ...
... and braised minced pork with eggplant in mild chilli sauce on steamed jasmine rice.
Hungry for more on inflight food? Check out some of this year's Australian Business Traveller Food Week:
- Virgin Australia's celebrity chef Luke Mangan reveals how he thinks up meals and makes sure they'll work on the plane
- Ordering your business class meal before your flight with Singapore Airlines' Book The Cook
- Bringing an airline's home cuisine specialties onto worldwide flightswith Asiana, Lufthansa and LAN
- Four course meals on three hour flights: the best "medium-haul" food in the sky
- Qantas' Rockpool consultant Terry Higgins shows how menus get from a chef's brain to your tray table — and shares a recipe for the popular business class dish of snapper with coconut milk and garam masala
- Dr Ron Georgiou, Malaysia Airlines' wine consultant, on the best wines to choose in the air
- Cutlery, crockery, salt and pepper shakers...the story behind everything else on your business class meal tray