Frequent flyers with Qantas, Virgin Australia, Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Qatar Airways and 15 other international airlines can now take advantage of a status match with Virgin Atlantic's Flying Club rewards program.
Up for grabs is a full 12 months enjoying Flying Club Silver or Gold status – which come with practical perks such as access to Virgin's Clubhouse lounges, complimentary seat selection and priority check-in and boarding.
But there's a catch: to qualify for this status match, you'll also need to have booked a Virgin Atlantic flight.
This flight can in theory be almost a year out, but it's got to be booked in either business class or premium economy to qualify for a Flying Club Gold status match, or any class – including economy and premium economy – to lock away your Flying Club Silver status.
London-based Virgin Atlantic primarily flies to the USA, Asia, Africa and the Caribbean, but if you've already got a Virgin Atlantic flight booked for some time in 2022 – or you're planning such a trip anyway – then it makes sense to capitalise on this opportunity.
So which airlines and tiers will Virgin Atlantic status match against?
- Air New Zealand: Airpoints Gold and Elite Plus
- Alaska Airlines: Mileage Plan MVP Gold & MVP Gold 75K
- American Airlines: AAdvantage Platinum Pro & Executive Platinum
- British Airways: Executive Club Silver and Gold
- Cathay Pacific: Marco Polo Club Gold and Diamond
- El Al: Matmid Gold and Platinum
- Emirates: Skywards Gold & Platinum
- Etihad: Etihad Guest Gold & Platinum
- Hawaiian Airlines: Hawaiian Miles Gold and Platinum
- Hong Kong Airlines: Fortune Wings Gold and Platinum
- Iberia: Iberia Plus Gold & Platinum
- Lufthansa: Miles & More Senator and HON Circle
- Qantas: Qantas Frequent Flyer Gold and Platinum
- Qatar Airways: Privilege Club Gold and Platinum
- Scandinavian Airlines: SAS EuroBonus Gold and Diamond
- Singapore Airlines: KrisFlyer Silver and Gold
- South African Airways: Voyager Gold and Platinum
- Turkish Airlines: Miles&Smiles Elite and Elite Plus
- United Airlines: MileagePlus Premier Platinum and Premier 1K
- Virgin Australia: Velocity Gold and Platinum
In addition to a photo or screenshot of your membership card for any of the above programs, you'll also need to supply the booking reference for that upcoming Virgin Atlantic flight.
Of course, you'll also need to belong to the Virgin Atlantic Flying Club – but if you're not already a member, it's free to join.
To get the ball rolling, click through to Virgin Atlantic's Match my Status page.