Qantas says it will roster its latest upgraded Airbus A330 jet onto the Brisbane-Perth route from today, although the airline has yet to advise which flights will carry the airline's all-new Business Suite business class seat.
Exclusive AusBT review: The Qantas Airbus A330 Business Suite
It's the fifth out of a total of 28 A330s undergoing a refit at Qantas' Brisbane maintenance facility.
Two domestic A330-200 versions are mostly seen on the evening Sydney-Perth and Melbourne-Perth services and their red-eye return to the east coast capitals.
A pair of larger A330-300s spend most of their time on the Sydney-Singapore and Melbourne-Singapore routes, along with some Brisbane-Singapore runs, while also spreading their wings to Hong Kong.
A spokesperson for Qantas told Australian Business Traveller that “by the end of 2015 we will have 15 refurbished A330s in service,” with that line-up split between eight domestic jets and seven international models.
The make-over of Qantas' entire A330 fleet is due for completion by the end of 2016.
- 10 things you didn't know about the new Qantas Business Suite
- Up close with Qantas' next-gen business class
- Qantas clarifies A330 inflight entertainment, Q Streaming
- Best seats: Qantas A330-200 domestic Business Suite business class
- Best seats: Qantas A330-300 international Business Suite international business class
Follow Australian Business Traveller on Twitter: we're @AusBT