Thinking of joining the Qantas Club? Sign up for an $840 year-long membership this month and you'll pick up 40,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points on top of the usual Qantas Club benefits, from booking to boarding and luggage to lounge.
That's the sweetener in a Qantas Club membership drive now underway. You'll need to join before 31 December, and the points should appear to your account in the second half of February, Qantas promises. Qantas Club benefits come in somewhere between Qantas Frequent Flyer's Silver and Gold tiers.
Our take? This could be a good deal if you belong to one or more of the following categories:
- You don't already have your Qantas Frequent Flyer Gold or Platinum tier status sorted for the next year -- most Qantas Club benefits come free with status anyway
- You're a newly minted business traveller without existing Qantas Frequent Flyer status
- You frequently travel with a guest, to take advantage of the +1 admittance privileges
- You fly Qantas, Jetstar, British Airways and American Airlines (the only oneworld partners that grant access to Qantas Club members) in economy, since business class passengers have access to lounges anyway
- You're considering buying around 20,000-40,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points to top up your account for an upcoming booking, which would cost you over $500 individually, so the $840 is a reasonable marginal cost
What do you reckon: will you be taking the Red Roo up on its December offer? Would it be good value for your travel? Share your opinions with other readers in the comments section below or join the conversation on Twitter: we're @AusBT.