Virgin Australia’s business class travellers and top-tier frequent flyers can now look forward to spending less time in snaking airport security lines and more time in the lounge, with the Sydney and Brisbane Premium Entry facilities now open once again.
The time-saving Premium Entry lane provides premium travellers with a fast track to the lounge via a dedicated security checkpoint, instead of having to make their way through the crowded main terminal.
While it’s designed for passengers with only cabin bags, the ‘travel light’ set have the option of using the Premium Entry lane after completing the usual bag drop formalities in the terminal.
And with Virgin’s Melbourne lounge now located behind security, following the closure of T3’s security lanes to funnel all passengers through T4, there’s a special Priority Screening lane – which Virgin describes as a ‘premium security experience’ – at T4.
However, these Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne facilities are open only during the following peak travel times:
- Sydney Premium Entry: 5am to 7am each weekday morning (although Executive Traveller understands those hours will be extended in the lead-up to Christmas)
- Brisbane Premium Entry: 5am to 10am each weekday morning
- Melbourne Priority Screening: 5am to 10am each weekday morning
Access to Sydney and Brisbane Premium Entry is reserved for:
- business class passengers
- Velocity Platinum and Gold frequent flyers
- members of Virgin’s invitation-only Beyond program
- “eligible high tier guests” of international partner airlines (such as Etihad Airways, Qatar Airlines, Singapore Airlines and United Airlines)
“We know time is important for our most frequent flyers,” a Virgin Australia spokesperson said, so these fast-track lanes “are a ticket for loyal guests to quickly move through the screening process, so they can spend more time enjoying our lounge experience prior to their flight.”